Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

Default Re: What's Going On In ChCh?

Excerpts from GlockTalk.com:

Just from what I've seen around the web so far, the left is blaming this on the alt right and Trump. Buckle up.

You are correct. Blood dancers gonna dance. My take is that the "red flag" BS will get a real assist as will the efforts to use people's social media against them. To the gun-haters it doesn't matter that it happened in another country.

The evil SOB that perpetrated this atrocity needs to be given a scrupulously fair trial, found guilty, and hanged by the neck until dead. Betcha' that last item ain't in NZ legal codes.

Prayers for the dead and wounded, not much else to do except accept that evil is real and do what we can not to be victimized by it.
    I expect this will motivate NZ to confiscate all weapons like Australia did after their mass shooting.

There are some crazy people out there.
    I completely thought that type of weaponry and standard capacity magazines was unobtainable in New Zealand for civilians?
    Yeah, each additional ccw improves the odds. I wonder what this particular mosque’s policy was on ccw? Probably “no guns allowed” like most places of worship. The illusion of safety

Pretty sure NZ doesn't have concealed carry or even allow handguns outside of sport shooting activities.
    The only network carrying this live is BBC if anyone wants updates.

It's weird, they've spent 40 minutes talking about the Bangladesh Cricket team.
    short of reacting instantaneously to the initial shots thru the door and ambushing him on entry it would have been difficult to take this guy out .it did appear he had to clear a couple of malfunctions , a pause in gunfire could be an opportunity . one thing i learned from watching , if you are gonna do something you had better be damn quick about it . it appeared to me there were about 11 people in each corner . some appeared to be shielding others . he gave no chance to anyone playing dead . all killers are sick . this guy took it up a notch. i can already hear the left drafting bills to ban semi auto anything as well as tactical lights and reflex sights . how in the HELL did he get that kind of gear in NZ . i thought they had the same gun laws as australia ?!. prayers for all . hope the POS gunman is getting spitroasted in hell as i type this .
    There is some sort of permit system and a legal classification for "military style semi autos", not sure about the details. At least one of the guns had a funky looking stock, maybe for compliance? Don't know, ask a New Zealander, they would know better than I. Most of my experience abroad was in Japan and guns were just plain out for ordinary mortals there.
    There's a LOT more............. unfortunately...............

Warum werden wir so früh alt und klug so spät?

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Despite bans on the video etc some NZ fans have it up and there are some approval comments.
    Other forums have banned discussion so idiots are posting bogus thread titles and discussing it.

I think the guy is probably one of Aussies deported back to NZ lot.

This is why guns suck and white nazi types.

Not all muslims are terroists, as we see, some white people are too, whatever religion this jerk is, if any.

Sadly maximum here is 17 years for murder...although that is generally a parole period. There is a preventative detention thing, used a couple of times recently, but it's pretty lame.
    We should have the USs sentences really, and a death penalty.
    Guns do not suck at all. People who misuse them do.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

If we did and we dont it would be capital punishment
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

..... like I said..............

Rest in peace to all of the victims. I wish there were someone there to put that animal down. It looked brutally hard to defend this sort of attack with a handgun. I wonder how a heavily trained person with a glock 19 could have handled this sort of situation. It seems to be much a matter of chance. I.e. having concealment to ambush him.
    While it’s not an option in New Zealand, it would be wise for everyone of all religions to carry concealed inside their places of worship. Think of all the innocent life that could have been saved if somebody had popped that dirtbag as soon as he entered the Mosque.

US News Vid https://youtu.be/uXcdS3hFl3k

NZ News vid: https://youtu.be/yIUMNX1wLqQ

The thing that seems amazing is that this nutter has been broadcasting his intentions on Facebook, and despite that has still managed to fly himself and his weapons (and potentially all his ammo and explosive devices) over here, and then still has the time to carry out this act without any obstruction, or any security obstructing him along the way here.

I thought we were well connected agencies that monitored social media specifically for alerts to cases like this. Major failings at multiple levels, given the guy was hardly being covert.

Then there's the irony. Australia has been trying to ship any and every human detritis with a hint of NZ history over here, yet one of their own comes over here to do this.
    Hey, Aus! Keep your own human filth!

The alleged gunman behind the New Zealand attack has identified himself as Australian-born.
    Updated Updated 29 mins ago
    By Nick Baker

The shooter who is suspected to have carried out at least one of the New Zealand mosque attacks has identified himself as an Australian-born 28-year-old.

On Friday, a Facebook Live video was posted by the account "Brenton Tarrant 9" with the credit "Brenton Tarrant was live" which showed the gunman attacking Christchurch's Al Noor mosque.

In a 74-page manifesto setting out the reasons for the attack, reportedly authored by the shooter, he further described himself as "just an ordinary white man, 28 years old. Born in Australia to a working class, low income family".

The gunman live streamed the attack.
    Facebook

In the manifesto, seen by SBS News, the man who identifies as Brenton Tarrant said he "only arrived in New Zealand to live temporarily whilst I planned and trained" but then decided to carry out an attack there.

The author does not mention for how long he lived in Australia. He said he had a regular childhood but had little interest in education.

Under a heading "why did you carry out the attack?" he says it was to avenge "thousands of deaths caused by foreign invaders."

Where to start. Step son was driving past the Deans ave Mosque and now has a bullet hole in his Holden (warned him he should buy a Ford). He sees people lying shot so pulls over gets out and starts to help. First Paramedic to arrive is his previous flat mate between them they start to do what they can, son has someone die in his arms also sees a child die. He also saves a toddlers life.

Can't say more at the moment as have no more news from him

It's good to know there's decent people like your step-son out there, Gary.

Mike Bush will be making a further address at 9:00pm. I'll post a transcript when it comes to hand.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by SurferJoe46 View Post

Facebook

"
    Social media = Sewer of the Internet

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Latest update:

Hi Walt,

"UPDATE 7 - Serious firearms incident in Christchurch"

Police wish to notify the public of the Restoring Family Links (RFL) website where people can register missing persons or register themselves as alive.

Police have asked Red Cross to activate the website due to the serious firearms incident in Christchurch.

The RFL website is a tool where the public can self-register they are alive so family and friends know they are safe.

Members of the public can also register missing persons.

Police will be working with New Zealand Red Cross who is managing the website, making all appropriate enquiries to find missing persons.

People will have the option to make this information visible to the public or kept private when they fill out the required form.

People living in New Zealand can also register missing persons on 0800 115 019.

A member of Police will contact you if you register a missing person.

We encourage members of the public to continue to contact family and friends through their own means to confirm their welfare.

Police want to ensure the public we are doing everything possible to resolve this incident.

We will provide updates on the incident as and when they are available and you can get these on our Facebook page and website.

You can access the RFL website here.

ENDS

Mike Bush confirmed 49 dead.
    Last edited by WalOne; 15-03-2019 at 09:28 PM.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen