Default Help with Chromecast

Hi there, I recently got a new computer. For some reason, if I cast from the new computer to my TV I lose all of the you tube controls from my computer screen ie. pause, volume etc. All I see is the chrome symbol and I have no way to stop the video once it starts playing, I have to jump onto my phone to stop it. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Old guy

Default Re: Help with Chromecast

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaNZ View Post
    Hi there, I recently got a new computer. For some reason, if I cast from the new computer to my TV I lose all of the you tube controls from my computer screen ie. pause, volume etc. All I see is the chrome symbol and I have no way to stop the video once it starts playing, I have to jump onto my phone to stop it. Any ideas what could be wrong?
    Not sure what you are doing with your system. I just tested on mine . I opened YouTube in Chrome on my Desktop PC and cast to my TV. It all worked as expected and exactly as it would casting from my phone or Tablet. I have never bothered casting from the PC before as there is no way I would want to go back to the PC to control the cast every time I wished to change the media being cast when doing it from tablet/phone lets me use it as a remote control from my chair.