Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Photographic enthusiast Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Birkenhead, North Shore, AK (amongst the bush)
    Posts
    2,481

    Default New Screen Capture in Windows 10 - marvellous!

    If you run Windows 10 and have the recent update, then there is a great little screen capture (which I use A LOT). It is Windows Key/Shift/ s, which copies your selection to the clipboard. Today, my mind was blown! I used the screen capture to the clipboard, then, for my purpose, pasted the selection into Word. Then in Word I added a couple of arrows to points of interest. Then without saving, I took another image of the result to the clipboard. Next, I went to a Group of mine in Facebook, posted with the "photo". Worked great! 😀
    Affinity Photo 1.8.5 (marvellous)
    Lightroom 6
    Nik Collection
    AZZ Cardfile
    Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz 32 C
    Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

  2. #2
    Computer Technician wainuitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    28,564

    Default Re: New Screen Capture in Windows 10 - marvellous!

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    If you run Windows 10 and have the recent update, then there is a great little screen capture (which I use A LOT). It is Windows Key/Shift/ s, which copies your selection to the clipboard. Today, my mind was blown! I used the screen capture to the clipboard, then, for my purpose, pasted the selection into Word. Then in Word I added a couple of arrows to points of interest. Then without saving, I took another image of the result to the clipboard. Next, I went to a Group of mine in Facebook, posted with the "photo". Worked great! ��
    Yep MS add small things like that during each build /Upgrade, sometimes its obvious others like you discovered -Ewww didn't know that existed

    With the insiders you get to try things out, sometimes they add something - then remove as it doesn't work as expected, other times its added in, and more or less gets forgotten about.

    One other clipboard action they added in that hardly anyone knows about -- Windows Key + V It shows the clipboard history, meaning you can add several items to the clipboard at once and select which you want

    Edited: if its not working its either not turned on - Heres how https://www.addictivetips.com/window...on-windows-10/ OR the version of Windows is not upto date with the latest features.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 22-02-2019 at 07:03 PM.

  3. #3
    Photographic enthusiast Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Birkenhead, North Shore, AK (amongst the bush)
    Posts
    2,481

    Default Re: New Screen Capture in Windows 10 - marvellous!

    Yep, wainuitech, know that one, though don't use much. Also, a plus, which disappears after each session.
    Affinity Photo 1.8.5 (marvellous)
    Lightroom 6
    Nik Collection
    AZZ Cardfile
    Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz 32 C
    Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

  4. #4
    Short Member pcuser42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pukekohe Shuttle
    Posts
    10,117

    Default Re: New Screen Capture in Windows 10 - marvellous!

    Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    One other clipboard action they added in that hardly anyone knows about -- Windows Key + V It shows the clipboard history, meaning you can add several items to the clipboard at once and select which you want
    Used it today at work, the project manager asked for some data so I whipped up a query, gave him the data and closed the tab. He then came back wanting more data hoping the query was saved, OOPS, no but I had copied part of it. A quick clipboard history digging later and it was back
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

    Twitter

  5. #5
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    3,538

    Default Re: New Screen Capture in Windows 10 - marvellous!

    Sounds like the built in Linux Mint one.
    Ex-pctek

  6. #6
    Senior Member Pato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kapiti Coast
    Posts
    2,036

    Default Re: New Screen Capture in Windows 10 - marvellous!

    I can't see a clipboard in my Win10 V1803. I presume that isn't the latest update although it says my computer says "you are up to date".

  7. #7
    Senior Member paulw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Morrinsville
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: New Screen Capture in Windows 10 - marvellous!

    Didn't Ctrl + Printscreen do the same thing??
    Regards,

    Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

  8. #8
    Computer Technician wainuitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    28,564

    Default Re: New Screen Capture in Windows 10 - marvellous!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pato View Post
    I can't see a clipboard in my Win10 V1803. I presume that isn't the latest update although it says my computer says "you are up to date".
    You Need 1809, thats when it came out.

    If you wanted to upgrade the use the Media Creation Tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 Not all Computers get fed the updates right away. The next Windows is due out shortly 1903.

  9. #9
    Computer Technician wainuitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    28,564

    Default Re: New Screen Capture in Windows 10 - marvellous!

    Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    Didn't Ctrl + Printscreen do the same thing??
    Yes but it only holds 1 snapshot, where as the updated versions can hold several , don't know how many but got at least 11 on mine currently.

Similar Threads

  1. Affinity Photo - a Marvellous program
    By Misty in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-08-2018, 10:13 PM
  2. screen capture program
    By bizzack in forum PressF1
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 06:54 PM
  3. Screen Capture
    By SKT174 in forum PressF1
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 28-04-2007, 01:12 PM
  4. Screen Capture over a Network
    By minchjp in forum PressF1
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22-05-2003, 09:02 AM
  5. Screen capture
    By in forum PressF1
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-1999, 01:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •