Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

Default Re: Wanna Read: "Crazy"?

Alive now?

I figger that as far South as I have gone so far, I may now get a break in bad fortune
    until the rest of the world catches up with me.

I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by SurferJoe46 View Post
    Hmmmm. Just when I saved enough money for the boat fare to New Zealand and I was filling out the immigration papers tomorrow morning.

Maybe I'll look into Australia.
    aussie is worse, they have stupid gun laws that is meant to have cleaned the country of dangerous guns, yet people keep getting shot by guns that should not exist, go figure. they did a knee jerk gun policy after port arthur (?) shooting.

saw a bit of that with shot show coverage. like a lot of guns through out history, its a legal work around. it only applies for usa and will only work untill they ban it or change to rules to make it illegal or pointless.
    theres tons of crap around like that.
    nz rules are a lot simpler than usa gun laws. here a pistol is any gun under a certain length. thats it. you guys have minimum barrel length, we have minimum gun length.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Ours also says anything with a pistol grip

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    hilarious joe !
    here pistols are for competition use only. you must have a range to shoot it at and its locked in a lock box to and from the range.
    there is no carry pistol or hunting with pistols.
    We do have air pistols joe, I still have a Webley .177 interchangeable .22 air pistol, used to shoot pesky Magpies with it, back in the 50's.

Have to be careful with any firearm in NZ, except for crims. and irate lovers'.

lurking.

Actually.... I don't think there's any max-or-min limit to barrel length. I guess it would get kinda ridiculous if the barrel was so short that the head of the bullet stuck out a bit though. I once owned a S&W Chief Special in 38cal with a barrel that was 1 1/2" long.

There are a few states that have mandated such limits (New Jersey USED to be a 6" barrel minimum --- but now since pretty much all handguns in New Jersey are banned, the point becomes moot.

There WILL be Constitutional Supreme Court decisions on this I bet.

I figger that as far South as I have gone so far, I may now get a break in bad fortune

Actually.... I don't think there's any max-or-min limit to barrel length. I guess it would get kinda ridiculous if the barrel was so short that the head of the bullet stuck out a bit though. I once owned a S&W Chief Special in 38cal with a barrel that was 1 1/2" long.

There are a few states that have mandated such limits (New Jersey USED to be a 6" barrel minimum --- but now since pretty much all handguns in New Jersey are banned, the point becomes moot.

There WILL be Constitutional Supreme Court decisions on this I bet.
    usa has 16" minimum length for a rifle barrel. under that it becomes a short barreled rifle and a whole different ball game with paper work etc. i havn't seen any length restrictions on hand guns.
    but then again usa gun laws are extremely complicated and a lot of it fairly stupid.
    Tweak it till it breaks

MORE CRAZY STUFF - and reason WHY it is not the police who can help fast enough..............[LINK]

Two men -- one of whom had a gun -- were shot and killed by a Florida homeowner in an apparent act of self-defense after the resident caught the duo trying to break into his Titusville home Thursday, officials said.

The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office said the incident happened around noon, with one of the men dying at the scene and the other pronounced dead later at a hospital.

“The second one was able to run from the residence, made it down the street and collapsed down the street,” Brevard Sheriff’s Spokesman Todd Goodyear told FOX35 Orlando.

The station reported residents in the neighborhood had recently formed a watch group after a shooting there last year left one person dead.

Police said the shooter in Thursday’s incident -- the homeowner -- appeared to be acting in self-defense. An investigation is ongoing to determine whether charges will be filed.

COMMENTS: (without headers and screen names unfortunately - but at the mo, there are 2,152 in the Conversation)

That's some good shooting.
    Sheriff Ivey is a pro 2nd amendment CCW guy and encourages all Brevard County residents to legally arm themselves for their own protection.
    This is the result. Homeowner 2, bad guys zip. Way to go homeowner and way to go Sheriff Ivey!!!

The right use of gun.. it saves good lives and eliminates the bad ones.

Put the bullets that killed these vermin on a gold-plated plaque and give it to the model citizen who performed this great service for the betterment of humanity.
    Maybe even give him the skulls of these two mounted on sticks that he can put in his window with a sign on each saying "This will be you if you try to get in here."

Ah, it warms the heart to read a good news article like this.
    A family saved, criminals removed.....what a great story!

Yep, I like happy endings.

Thank you for your service...home owner.

SYG*!! Castle Doctrine: removing filth from American society from day 1 to present! (* Stand Your Ground)

He should be given a medal!

I join each of you in applauding this man for having the courage to protect his family and home in this way.
    We each might find ourselves in this situation sometime will be forced to make a decision like this.
    My concern for this man is now he has taken 2 lives off of this earth.
    He must be and will be feeling some form of guilt for his actions.
    I only pray that god lessens these feelings.
    He did the right thing in defending and I hope he doen't let that guilt ruin his life.

Ya gotz guilt?? only celebration of high character and strength -- and a solid glow forever in the knowledge that he protected his loved ones and his home

No worries, they'll make more.

No pictures of the crimnals. Mmmm

[deleted for racial inference]

-- maaan -- sheet man -- dey wuz jus axin directions to church

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    usa has 16" minimum length for a rifle barrel. under that it becomes a short barreled rifle and a whole different ball game with paper work etc. i havn't seen any length restrictions on hand guns.
    but then again usa gun laws are extremely complicated and a lot of it fairly stupid.

There's a small problem with your assumptions there - Tweak.......

.................actual gun 'laws' vary from state to state and to say that there's a 16" min for a rifle doesn't ring true.

There are FEDERAL specs and then there are STATE'S specs, and never the twain shall meet.

I know there's a 18" min on a shotgun - but since there are pistols that convert to rifles and vice-versa, and most pistols are from 38cal, 1 1/2" S&W Chief Special to 15" like the .44cal Buntline Special - I cannot bring myself to think there's a min/max for a rifle.

I think I'm accurate on those pistols.

RIFLE'D BARRELS and SMOOTH BARRELS are yards apart for length considerations I believe.

There's a small problem with your assumptions there - Tweak.......

.................actual gun 'laws' vary from state to state and to say that there's a 16" min for a rifle doesn't ring true.

There are FEDERAL specs and then there are STATE'S specs, and never the twain shall meet.

I know there's a 18" min on a shotgun - but since there are pistols that convert to rifles and vice-versa, and most pistols are from 38cal, 1 1/2" S&W Chief Special to 15" like the .44cal Buntline Special - I cannot bring myself to think there's a min/max for a rifle.

I think I'm accurate on those pistols.

RIFLE'D BARRELS and SMOOTH BARRELS are yards apart for length considerations I believe.
    sorry its not an assumption.
    i follow some of the gun collectors in the usa and it comes up a lot.
    Tweak it till it breaks