Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OCR

Default Re: OCR

hanks for help. i have given it away, & speech ecognition. Ijust cant figure out the instructions. Gone back to a slower method. I write/print with black pen on lined papr. plug USB into printer & scan page.Plug USB into compter & "Semd to Mail" as an attachment. Address & "Send". Thats it. A bit laboious but it works.
    The Epson printer will not scan directly to computer Email. The Techhie has tried it to do that but no success. PJ
    Deafness.
    When I was younger I heard but didn't listen.
    Now I am older, I listen but cannot hear.

If it is not broke, don't make it broker by trying to make it better. (This applies specifically to PJ)

Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

Am I reading your request correctly in that you want to scan script handwriting and convert it to a text file?

IIRC --> I used something called "OCR Bridge" a long, long, long time ago.

It worked, but the learning curve for you to teach it how you write and what a squiggle means, was long, arduous and laborious.

Once trained though, it worked well enough to get at least 85% of the letters and words correct. I gave up on it ever getting to 92% and maybe if I still ran it today, it might be better. But I have no real idea since I got over the urge to save things that WERE and now AREN'T..... if you get my drift.

Don't get me wrong --- I regret each and every picture I've lost to the digital gods over the years - but life goes on - until it doesn't.

I figger that as far South as I have gone so far, I may now get a break in bad fortune
    until the rest of the world catches up with me.