Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung phones

Wink Samsung phones

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12187625

I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime & I've tried to delete Facebook, in the past, to no avail.
    The above is interesting, but gives no indication if it is possible to delete it, or not.
    Anyone have any ideas, on this?
    Ian

Older by the minute

Default Re: Samsung phones

Just checked my S8, no sign of facebook on it. Must depend where you buy it from.
    Disabling is good enough really though. The article said he didn't understand what that meant, is disable not a fairly obvious meaning?
    If you are wondering it removes any updates and disables the app from launching.

This is not a new thing, many manufacturers have been adding permananet apps for years. You can't delete the core android apps even if you don't use them either.

I don't like the facebook app, or the way it lies to you to try and make you install their messenger app. The mobile web page is all you need, the app adds nothing. And for messages all you have to do is enable the desktop view and read them in the browser despite the message telling you otherwise. IMHO anyway.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

forcing FB on your phone..
    well I'll never buy another Samsung then

You have to wonder, just who owns the ph, when manufacturers make some 3rd party apps unremovable

The same here on S7, bought from HK store. Should root the phone to delete stock apps

I bought a J8 just last month, it does not include the Facebook app preloaded on it, so not a Samsung feature. I don't use FB anyway.

I have Facebook on my Samsung S8 Phone. I am not a keen Facebook user. I get annoyed when I get multiple messages telling me for example that my friend 'John Doe' has placed a new photo online. I am limited to 500 MB per month to download data. I have been wanting to remove Facebook from my phone as I find it to be a nuisance. I prefer to download Facebook data on my desktop at home. I am about to disable Facebook on my phone.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i3 540 3.07GHz, 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Gigabyte H55-USB3, Nvidia Geforce GTS 450, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-3300

MBO has facebook but not the app she uses it through her browser. I have set facebook up for her, so that it never sends notifications. Easy enough to do

Old guy

I removed my FB account several years ago as I have absolutely no interest in whatever rubbish other people want to post about their private lives. What really triggered me to act was when they kept suggesting new friends selected from my grandsons class mates at the time. I have no desire to follow the activities of 15 year old schoolgirls and I rather think that both they and their parents would be horrified if I did.
    Although I unsubscribed from everything and deleted my account the still send me a notification of something every couple of months or so which I have learned to ignore as if I react in any other way it just encourages them to send more crap.

If it's installed as part of the system image, then no - you can't remove it [unless you have rooted the phone]. This is because the system partition is usually read-only, and is cryptographically signed to ensure it has not changed. However, you can disable it - this is functionally equivalent to deleting it. Once disabled, the app cannot be run, and should no longer appear in your app drawer. Any updates to the app will be uninstalled, and it will no longer occupy any space on your data partition.
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.