Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

Cool Bluetooth - 2 - Bluetooth - 2 - Bluetooth - 2 - You Get My Drift?

Is it possible to enable Bluetooth on one desktop 'puter (notice I didn't say 'PC'?) - to share streaming data with another 'puter via Bluetooth and then feed that data (music, really) into an amplifier for my (say: carpark?) garage?

IOW ---> can I send streaming music from one 'puter to another - or even several 'other' 'puters via Bluetooth from a central Bluetooth-enabled 'puter?

Just wondering...... but I want to have only one 'puter getting it's feed from a WiFi source - and leave the other 'puters OFF WiFi to keep the data down so my wife can run Netflix at the same time.

As it is, I can run maybe four things - with the Roku flatscreen on Netflix and maybe another tablet or even desktop tower on Netflix at the same time - but it makes the other 'puters run a little slow when they are using just non-Netflix data on line.

I am 20 up and 60 down right now.

Does any of this make sense?

Warum werden wir so früh alt und klug so spät?

Default Re: Bluetooth - 2 - Bluetooth - 2 - Bluetooth - 2 - You Get My Drift?

<crickets in here>

Enterprise IT Consultant chiefnz's Avatar

Hi Joe,

I don't think that is possible... at best you can connect multiple desktops together using BT (line of sight or very thin walls) for networking but that would strictly be a peer to peer connection scenario and there is no way to "direct" or "route" the traffic through the downstream computers to a device such as a speaker/audio system.

Best thing you could maybe do is "stream" the music from one computer to a Bluetooth speaker system in your garage. with the later plating the music from another network source via LAN or Wi-Fi

Your best solution really is to look at boosting/improving your Wi-Fi coverage Bluetooth is probably not the best solution for what you're trying to achieve?

Where are you streaming the music from (the source) is it a local computer on the network or an internet source? If it's local then you shouldn't have too much of an issue with streaming over Wi-Fi though I'd suspect if there is distance between your router/modem and your garage, signal strength is probably your biggest problem.

Another option to try is to split the devices between the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wi-Fi bands (assuming your router/modem is capable of both).

In general, put the devices which are moved very little or are static on the 5Ghz band and then all the devices which move a lot or are "far away" from the router/modem on the 2.4Ghz band. Also for anything which is in "cabling distance" of the router/modem... use an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi... that will also take the strain off the Wi-Fi networks.

Hope that helps.

Asus PRIME Z370-P
    Core i7-8700K @ 5GHz
    Corsair Hydro H100x
    32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz
    Intel 660P 512GB M.2 NVMe
    Crucial P1 1TB M.2 NVMe
    Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC
    Corsair Crystal 460X
    EVGA SuperNOVA G+ 650W

I like to run Pithos - and I do so on any of my non-Windows or Android devices. I have been bringing my tablet (Android) into my wood-shop and plug it into a 300 Watt 2.1 sound system. It works just fine - and I'm working on using my Raspberry Pi, headless, out in the garage to use Pithos as it's a Linux-system on Raspberry.

I like Pithos because it has no commercials, nor interruptions to ask if I'm still listening or not. Yes - I have an account with Pandora on my Android stuff.

My garages, wood-shop, metal shop and about 200 feet out into the north and east acreage can still get WiFi from my centrally located router. Even my chicken coop and well house are covered by WiFi signal.

I'm just spit-balling this idea - and it may not go anywhere at all.

I just realized that I use a lot of hyphens ----> right?