Default Samsung tablet printing

Hi all, first of all merry Christmas everyone and thanks for the help over the years.

Trying to sort out my mum's tablet printing, she's got a Samsung tablet (a few years old now....) and HP printer and I can't get them to behave.

I've installed the HP app on her tablet. So to print now we have to load the web page to print, then cancel the internet connection and connect to the printer wifi. To carry on surfing we then have to disconnect from the printer and reconnect to the main wifi.
    Seems we can't use the wifi for both the printer and internet......

Mum tells me it used to work on the old app but she deleted that as it gave her a message saying it was compromised, we now have the HP all in one app.

Appreciate any idea's on how to sort this out.

Cheers Dave

Default Re: Samsung tablet printing

Make sure the printer is actually connected to the Wifi (Router).

Just a guess, but it sounds like ( as described) in #1, the wifi is being over ridden by the printer.
    https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c04024231

Similar problem / Answer https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Can-t-connect-to-internet-and-printer-at-the-same-time
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Thanks Wainui

I'll look at those links and try from scratch again . Yea I don't think the printer is connected to the home router.
    It's an older printer that doesn't have the display for me to enter the wifi password so I don't know how to load the password. The direct wifi password is different to the main router one. The status report from the printer only shows the direct wifi password.

Is there an easy way to set the printer wifi?

Cheers

Direct connections sounds like its the problem.

Since its an older wireless printer, sometimes the newer apps don't allow setting up.

Some Printers / Routers have whats called WPS connection, you press a button on the printer, then within a minute ( time differs on devices) you press the WPS on the router, the two find one another and sync / Join ( this method also often fails to work fully)

If it fails:
    The easiest way to set it to the Router is to install the printer on a networked device, meaning a laptop ( had to do this method countless times with older hardware, then later uninstall the customers printer from my laptop.)

1st connect the Laptop Via Wireless to the Router.

Then what you do is install the printer by getting the complete software from HP's site (in this case) for the printer, often when installing when selecting wireless, the computer cant find the printer (you'll get options if this happens) you then connect the printer Via USB to the laptop, may be prompted for passwords (for the wireless) or may pick it up automatically, once the software does its thing, you'll be prompted to disconnect the USB, after a few more minutes while its setting up you may have to reboot.

The printer is now connected to the Routers Wireless and the Tablet should now print Via the Router.

There's all sorts of fang dangled methods but always found the basic methods work best
    Last edited by wainuitech; 24-12-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

@ wainuitech

I had pretty much the same problem with my tablet not wanting to hook up to the WiFi for the printer.... whatever that means - b-but I called my printer company and the guy on the phone whispered to me - I guess so his boss couldn't near him - to "use the commercial app or did he say the business version app? I dunnow - I'm really tired and I just jumped in here to muck up what youse guyses have prolly already solved ---
    And don't use a generic app - it's always full of cr@pware. ---
    ---> (continuing here) version of the app - not the home-user's version".

After that - I've had no more troubles.

PS ---> those above sentences make sense to me right now - tomorrow? Meh!

GOOD NIGHT FROM CORRECTSIDE UP LAND.

Warum werden wir so früh alt und klug so spät?

Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

It's 'tomorrow' and I was right......... those sentences make no sense at all.

Warum werden wir so früh alt und klug so spät?