Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: We live down a long driveway

Dont have signs -- We just got a BIG dog -- they soon run when we open the door and hes going nuts.

Had one the other week, we just got home from shopping, saw this guy coming up the drive - I said to him, Not interested, don't come into our place, he decided not to listen and opened the gate, he got into the back yard, and our dog came running out and started going nuts - I'm sure he sh1t himself, he just froze and turned a funny shade of white . I said I told you not interested, suggest you leave. He nodded backed out, just pointed to the back door and dog went inside looking as if to say - Awhh let me have go .
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

We live down a dead end lane 1km), off a dead end road (5km) and have a 160m driveway as well. Not only do we not get door knockers, we also don't get a mail delivery or couriers, and no rubbish or recycling collection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bo.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	9245

Neighbours have one. :-)

He is actually a good dog.....but he is so meaty (like a lion) they don't get uninvited visitors either.
    Ex-pctek

My house is at the end of a shared drive. Only issue is when selling stuff on trademe , buyers cannot follow most basic of directions for pickup .

down the drive, (the only) house on the left, look for red car outside my house
    Those directions are far too complex for most , I watch them going to my neighbours houses instead
    :-)

pcsourcepoint

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    My house is at the end of a shared drive. Only issue is when selling stuff on trademe , buyers cannot follow most basic of directions for pickup .

down the drive, (the only) house on the left, look for red car outside my house
    Those directions are far too complex for most , I watch them going to my neighbours houses instead
    :-)
    Yeah - I recently went to the wrong address for a trademe pickup. I was down a long steep driveway (Remuera Road, Auckland). Phone talking to the seller at that wrong address I was a distance away. It was the numbers that confused me - Anything over 3 digits - I try memorize but always incorrectly - confused with a sequence of numbers. So a address of 4/153 scrambles to me, and becomes fixed as a variant, e.g. 3/415 - which I inserted in Google maps.
    Last edited by kahawai chaser; 21-12-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)

Old dick-head

Long driveways are good; but shared driveways can be a problem.
    Some friends of ours had several potholes in theirs and all neighbours agreed on new asphalt required - except for one person who would not front up with their share.

Very messy.

Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kahawai chaser View Post
    Yeah - I recently went to the wrong address for a trademe pickup. I was down a long steep driveway (Remuera Road, Auckland). Phone talking to the seller at that wrong address I was a distance away. It was the numbers that confused me - Anything over 3 digits - I try memorize but always incorrectly - confused with a sequence of numbers. So a address of 4/153 scrambles to me, and becomes fixed as a variant, e.g. 3/415 - which I inserted in Google maps.
    Gosh - someone else with the same trouble!

This happens to me all the time too! Just yesterday (I think it was yesterday) I wanted to call my wife and ask her what she'd like me to make for lunch as a surprise.

I believe I'd call her cellphone number -- I don't actually know her number that I don't ever have to digit-by-digit dial, I usually just hit her quick-dial number ---

--I remember that I cannot for the life of me remember her quick-dial, single phone number for some reason, however ---

---I KNOW her phone prefix will begin with a 3 6 0, of this I am sure, so I only have to remember four more digits and ---

--- looking at her last four numbers as written on the front of the 2013 calendar (it has a nice picture of a 1959 Chevy ElCamino on it) ---

---- but in only three steps from the calendar, I've forgotten the numbers again ---

------then I have to go back and look at them again ---

------ reciting them out loud multiples of times for good measure ---

--------this is all well-n-good, but then ---

----------I get three steps away and ---

------------I forget them again.

This repeats a few more times and then I think it's probably a good idea by now to go looking for something upon which to write and get a pencil. I walk into another room looking for a piece of paper and a writing device and notice that somehow I'm now in the kitchen ---

---- so I open the refrigerator and see that somehow I left a nice cold Mexican beer in there ---

-------- so I open the cupbard to get my favorite beerglass to pour it into, and ---

----------- looking down, I see that the silverware drawer needs a new screw on the pull handle and putting down the now full beerglass ---

---------------I decide that I should go out to the garage and get my screwdriver and the correct screw and ---

-----------------going into the garage man door, I wander around in the garage for a minute, trying to remember what I came out here for ---

------------------then I see that my sawdust bin is full behind the radial arm saw and ---

--------------------I take it out to dump it in the outside fire pit when ---

----------------------I notice that the fire pit hasn't been emptied for a while, so ---

------------------------while I'm looking for a plastic bag to collect the cold ashes, my wife shows up, then ---

--------------------------She asks me what we're having for lunch ---

---------------------------I think about her question for a minute and then ---

----------------------------Now I remember!

------------------------- > I wanted to call and ask her if she can stop by Burger King and get us some lunch...........

May your screen door of life not swing in the winds of bad choices

I have no idea what that means - I just think it sounds erudite, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Dont have signs -- We just got a BIG dog - .
    What sort?
    Neighbours have a big dog....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bo.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	9276

Looks scary, but is actually quite nice. BUt no-one in their right mind would go through the gate with him woofing at them...it's a very deep, loud roar he makes.
    Ex-pctek