Thread: Help, please

Smile Help, please

Last week we bought a Panasonic DMR-HST270 hard drive freeview recorder.
    I think it was Friday night it recorded a program and said it was Barnwood Builders.
    Well thats not on Friday night so I tried to delete it and it says there was a problem recording it.
    So I cany delete it.
    Any idea if it possible to reformate it, once we watched the programs?
    It says to hold down the centre button, but that dont work.
    Thanks for any help,
    Ian

Old guy

Default Re: Help, please

It is probably not taking up any space on the HD Ian. Does the program show up when you look for Barnwood Builders in "Direct Navigator"? if it does you should be able to delete it from there if it does not it dosn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    It is probably not taking up any space on the HD Ian. Does the program show up when you look for Barnwood Builders in "Direct Navigator"? if it does you should be able to delete it from there if it does not it dosn't exist.
    Sorry I'm a newbe with this technoligy, have enough problems with me cellphone & cant spell!!!!
    Any how no idea what Direct Navigator or how to find it.
    Pressed play and gave option where last stopped so pressed that & was well over the 3 hour mark, so tried to fast forward to end, but that didnt work.
    My dear wife had a brain wave and plugged power plug out & counted to 5, put back in.
    Went to it again, pressed delete and its gone.
    Great, now whats this Direct Navigator?
    Ian

You may have two or three entries relating to the dud recording.

In your programmed recordings you will have a greyed out entry reporting the failed recording. This can be deleted. In the same area you might also have a repeat entry for recording the next instance of the program if your original setup had been to record the series (not just a one-off recording).

Then, as Clive says above, you've likely got a dud recording entry in the table of recorded programs (see Direct Navigator).

Direct Navigator is the big curved button with "Direct Navigator" on it (or at least it was the case with the older Panasonic that I have).

If you start recording a program with a buffer of time before it is due to start being broadcast you may find that the title given to the item is the title of the program that was playing before your targetted program. Allowing a buffer of only 3 minutes before your desired program is generally fairly reliable.

Smile Re: Help, please

Thanks.

Old guy

The big curved button is the left hand one on the remote control. There are three curved buttons arranged in a semicircle. The top one is Green with Guide writen on it the right hand one is Function Menu.

A while back I said I had managed to delete it.
    Well I receorded another program and sodden thing is back & still cant delete it.
    I give up

ian leave it on there, you should have plenty of spare space to record other programs

We have 2 older Panasonics, ones a prick of a thing to copy onto dvd for the BH as you can only record two programs and need to watch one live on either Panasonic.

Two TV's and two DVD recorders/players are not enough in this house, rofl.

lurking.

I believe this recorder has twin satellite tuners and that is why the timing of the recorded program is incorrect, though must admit unfamiliar with a recorder with Satellite tuners.
    I also suspect that the recorder has been set to record the program mentioned above.
    You should be able to press the prog/check button to see what programs have been set, at least on my ancient (now) recorder that is what the button is called.
    If you see the program listed there then use the up and down buttons between the "OK button to select the program.
    Then you should be able to delete it using the "DEL" button.

Afterwards you should be able to delete the recorded program using the Direct Navigator mentioned previously.

As for setting the time you could either connect the Ethernet port to your broadband modem or if too far away set up a wifi connection.
    You will have to configure the network connection in the recorder itself. If set correctly this should get the correct time.

Anyway thats my 2 cents worth LOL
    I

I cant find any User Manual on line for this but did see a picture of a remote which had View Video on it rather than Direct Navigator.
    This may be the new type of remote for this recorder. Also other buttons on this new remote I came across were in different places but either way you should be able to delete a program if set by using the keys mentioned above and then deleting the recorded program through the View Video or Dirct Navigator (whichever your remote has)