Default Three-day strike for Air NZ

At one time the Seamens Union Pulled their workers (??) out just prior to Christmas until they achieved their demands. Although most were very well paid and had many other benefits
    Now we've had Health workers, Primary Teachers, Secondary Teachers, many of whom were justified in taking action - certainly not all. Airline staff now right on Christmas! Payback time for the Union support for the party which we have inherited courtesy of the "Union" movement and of course Winston. Just as well the previous government left the larder well supplied.
    The floggings will continue until morale improves.
    No keyboard detected. Press F1 to continue.

Default Re: Three-day strike for Air NZ

Christmas and Easter.
    And most union organisers seem to be pommies.
    Ardern: There will be no strikes under my watch
    Thanks Winston
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?

Its the very poor , the most in desparate need of a descent pay increase, that have the weakest unions .
    Only those allready on a good wage can afford to go on strike.

The seaman's union were good at making demands. I'm talking about the days of the Wellington - Lyttleton and the Wellington - Picton sailings in the !960s and 1970s. You could count on there being a strike just before Xmas. Once while on a ferry crossing I looked at my watch to see that it was just a few minutes after 12 noon. When I got to the café I found that it was closed between 12pm and 1pm so that the crew could have their lunch break. Also I remember a newspaper article about industrial action because the crew needed to have their beds made for them.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i3 540 3.07GHz, 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Gigabyte H55-USB3, Nvidia Geforce GTS 450, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-3300

Quote Originally Posted by Bobh View Post
    The seaman's union were good at making demands. I'm talking about the days of the Wellington - Lyttleton and the Wellington - Picton sailings in the !960s and 1970s. You could count on there being a strike just before Xmas. Once while on a ferry crossing I looked at my watch to see that it was just a few minutes after 12 noon. When I got to the café I found that it was closed between 12pm and 1pm so that the crew could have their lunch break. Also I remember a newspaper article about industrial action because the crew needed to have their beds made for them.
    I seem to remember that these clowns could live anywhere in the country and they'd be flown down to Wellington when their shift started.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company