Default Sony Bravia TV KD-49X8000C Issue HELP!!

So I bought the above TV with a replacement guarantee at Harvey Norman in 2015, 2 days ago this TV had a white line on the left panel and turned itself off a few seconds later. I did a restart and the Sony logo appeared, made it to the menu however then shut down again. I took it to the local repair shop under warranty and was advised that the TV was working fine. Then later I was advised they fixed an issue and updated the TV and that it was running perfectly. As the shop was closed over the weekend I asked if I could take the TV home to test over the weekend which was fine. I picked the TV up plugged it in at home and although the white LED came on, the backlight didn't and there was no picture or sound. I called the shop and was advised the TV was working perfectly there. I even took a video of the TV not working and said I would bring it back to the shop on Monday.

I was googling this morning and it talked on a Sony Forum about a "Hard Reset" to hold the power button and volume down button then plug in the power cable, which I did. The TV started and remains on. I even had to turn it back off again to hang it back on the wall.

Anyone know what the issue could be? Or... if the hard reset fixed the issue?? I was all set on getting a new TV lol... but am happy this one works at the moment.

Default Re: Sony Bravia TV KD-49X8000C Issue HELP!!

Guarantee? You are covered under the Consumers Guarantee, for ages, regardless of warranties or what the shop may say.

If it's OK, then it's fine.

See Sonys website:
    https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/s...icles/00032635
    Ex-pctek

If the trouble shooting doesn't help, when you take it back get them to start it while you are there. If it works OK in the shop, there could be a problem with lose joints someplace, just moving in the car may be enough to make it play up.

While unlikely could also be something at your house causing a problem. Get that all the time, computers play up at a persons place but not in the workshop.

One customer the PC has a habit of shutting down and restarting on its own (checked logs, nothing, all clean as if its a sudden power cut), I suggested they try a Different Power Socket, they said its running through some fancy surge protector which cost them several Hundred Dollars so that's a waste of time, but said to please me they tried it anyway, ran a extension cable from the power cord to a different sock in the hall, completely by passing the Surge Box -- Shuts downs stopped. oops
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Thanks for your replies... Knock wood but it seems its going fine again... Wainuitech, I do have it in a different power socket.. its by the wall. Underneath the TV cabinet is a surge box, paid like 80 dollars for it at Harvey Norman, a Belkin I believe. If it does play up again, its going back to the repairer and I dont want it back! But for now....keep fingers crossed

TV was on all day yesterday, however this morning I have the same issue. It went to the menu, then a thin white line on the top from left to right and it went off. I can not seem to get it going again. Again attempted to try a different power socket to no avail together with the hard reset. Looks like there is something intermittent going when the TV wants to boot, not necessarily when its turned on and remains on.