Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy WINDOWS 10 wants me to allow this in my Google Mail accounts???

Hi. Bought an item in Trade me and wanted to send an email to the seller. I clicked the sellers email listed name in the item page and had to choose a Mail service so I clicked Google as all my email accounts are in Gmail. I am immediately shown the window that is in the pic I attach here. Is this for real?????Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WINDOWS GOOGL;E ACC.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	9165

Win10 v 1809 Pro x64

ps: seller email shown is gmail, guess I have to go to my gmail account and enter his gmail account user name to send the email. But that is separate from the Thread question
    Last edited by kioti; 25-11-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Default Re: WINDOWS 10 wants me to allow this in my Google Mail accounts???

That's normal. Allow it

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
    That's normal. Allow it
    Speedy Gonzales... I will chew over that one.... it smacks of the Democrats in the USA and their threatening the Americans and taking away their rights to own guns which is their Constitutional Right and was created by the Founding Fathers to stop exactly what the Democrats are attempting to do which is remove the ability of the People to stand against a Dictatorship coming to power in Government.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a76J...mc8dYkN5iljCos

Its no different to what Google collects about you (be it a computer or Android device) . Anything on a Android phone for example, google has full access, a LOT more than what Microsoft collect.

Who cares about the democrats

What's happening is the link tries to launch the default E-mail Client and it looks like you haven't set that up to access Gmail before so it's asking now.
    I just copy and paste the address into the Gmail web client myself when I want to Email someone from trademe.

But that is the normal pop up you get from windows mail client when accessing Gmail for the first time.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by kioti View Post
    Hi. Bought an item in Trade me and wanted to send an email to the seller. I clicked the sellers email listed name in the item page and had to choose a Mail service so I clicked Google as all my email accounts are in Gmail. I am immediately shown the window that is in the pic I attach here. Is this for real?????Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WINDOWS GOOGL;E ACC.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	9165
    It's the way you did it. Nosey Win10.
    And yes, so is Google.

Just email the normal way instead.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
    Who cares about the democrats
    The people who don't want to lose their freedom and be stomped by Goosestepping Tyrants waving the Stars and Stripes. You obviously don't know the 2nd amendment of the USA Constitution, but one things for sure...it's certainly off topic have a nice day, Speedy.
    I took the plunge and agreed to let Windows delete all my contacts in my Gmail. Seems to be working...but man! What am a man meant to do when asked to allow an Operating System to run amok with his Worldly contacts that are NOT in MS Outlook?

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    It's the way you did it. Nosey Win10.
    And yes, so is Google.

Just email the normal way instead.
    cheers, piroska. I took the leap into the unknown and gave it the Yay to wipe out all my contacts in gmail....I never set up an Outlook account at instal of Win 1809 and I have never used Outlook before and still don't. I'm an old W7 stalwart...and always used Gmail for my emails.....I get the hang of this W10 but it was just the wording of the 'Conditions' that had me baulking. Jump of this cliff, God will catch you. Trust me

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    What's happening is the link tries to launch the default E-mail Client and it looks like you haven't set that up to access Gmail before so it's asking now.
    I just copy and paste the address into the Gmail web client myself when I want to Email someone from trademe.

But that is the normal pop up you get from windows mail client when accessing Gmail for the first time.
    dugimodo, thanks .I did the agree to let Windows wipe me out tonight. Am sending and receiving emails now for items I have purchased in TradeMe. Nice Seagate 1TB Sata 3 HDD for $42 including $5 courier and an Hitachi 500GB Sata HDD for $12 plus $8.58 Courier. They come in handy for an old computer I have here that I loaded W7 Pro x64 to and its basically just going to be a Jukebox Media center for the girlfriend of a mate of mine. I loaded the OS to an 80GB ATA HDD that was in the computer and am adding the 1TB into it and that will be loaded with 750GB Digital music files and discographies... I will clone the OS etc from the 80GB to the 500GB HDD as the 80GB only has 35GB free space and there's a couple hefty Apps to be installed yet...MS Office + so there not be much free space after they go in....... It only has 1GB DDR400 RAM (2x500MB) and its a bit slow so I got 2.5GB Strontium DDR400 (2x1GB and 1x500MB) to put into it. There are only 2 RAM slots so its going to get the 2x1GB sticks. That was quite a reasonable buy for $10 plus $5 courier post. Anyway..... all that is off topic. Cheers