Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Win10 1809 . just dont :-)

Just FYI
    MS re-released the 1809 build updates.

Its still riddled with issues
    https://fossbytes.com/fail-windows-1...ultiple-flaws/

+ icloud, visual basic, F5 VPN issues . And I'd bet issues not getting as much coverage , yet.

Default Re: Win10 1809 . just dont :-)

unusable by many AMD and Trend Micro customers
    So what else is new

AMD -- From Experience, all the problems over the years relating to updates ( or upgrades) esp with Graphics have been AMD - Intel no where near the same sort of problems.

Trend -- Well if you use trend you deserve problems its a piece of ******, Actually Trend is the ultimate Protection ??? WHEN it fails and it does it on a regular basis, it stops all internet activity -- So no internet, cant get to infected sites or downloads

Trend Micro is currently working on patches to improve compatibility with Windows 10 1809
    Bit slow, not like they haven't been able to get the changes, funny how all the other AV companies don't have a problem. Same with AMD, Microsoft shouldn't have to work backwards to support others Hardware.

One I did have problems with
    mapped drives may fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device.
    BUT that wasn't windows fault, The mapped drive to AZURE, wouldn't always connect on reboot, found the problem -- The "fine Print" (which we all read ) says the trial version there are some limitations, on saying that generated a second Password, now two devices can log into the same account.

The AZURE Virtual Machines work perfectly, no problems at all.

All other local Mapped network drives work 100%.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 19-11-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Haven't had any issues since I got the update the first time around

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser42 View Post
    Haven't had any issues since I got the update the first time around
    pcuser42....hi....you a lucky one

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    So what else is new

AMD -- From Experience, all the problems over the years relating to updates ( or upgrades) esp with Graphics have been AMD - Intel no where near the same sort of problems.

Trend -- Well if you use trend you deserve problems its a piece of ******, Actually Trend is the ultimate Protection ??? WHEN it fails and it does it on a regular basis, it stops all internet activity -- So no internet, cant get to infected sites or downloads

Bit slow, not like they haven't been able to get the changes, funny how all the other AV companies don't have a problem. Same with AMD, Microsoft shouldn't have to work backwards to support others Hardware.

One I did have problems with BUT that wasn't windows fault, The mapped drive to AZURE, wouldn't always connect on reboot, found the problem -- The "fine Print" (which we all read ) says the trial version there are some limitations, on saying that generated a second Password, now two devices can log into the same account.

The AZURE Virtual Machines work perfectly, no problems at all.

All other local Mapped network drives work 100%.
    wainuitech.hi.thanks for all the info....I don't use Trend Micro......... I did use the Housecall from time to time a few year back, my AV is Comodo IS 13. I used to use MBam as a 2nd defense but have become disillusioned with it the past year......and I read your comment about dumping it and getting Windows Toolbox repair so I got a hold of that he other day and will be having a looksee into it once I get settled from the W10 Woes I been having.
    As I now have the W10 x64 Pro v1803 on the 1TB HDD and disconnected from computer while I am in the same version on this 80GB HdDD, there is only one thing that bugs me about the use of the Easeus Todo Full backup that I use to put the v1803 OS onto the 1TB HDD and that is the issue I am having with the FF Browser and my attempting to log into Press F1 and not being able to, as I explained in another thread. Considering that the Todo Full backup that I use is the one I created of this W10 v1803 on the 80GB HDD and I can log into Press F1 from this 80GB HDD...then why the 'dickens' can I not do it in the 1RTB HDD that is meant be loaded with a OS etc of this that is on this 80GB HDD?????.................... just how the hell has it managed to mangle the full back up of what is on this HDD and is loaded with a FF Browser that uses an out of date unused Log into Press F1 that is NOT on the FF Browser that 'should' be in the Full backup of it? The mind boggles.
    One thing I might have to do is wipe the 1TB HDD to unallocated space again and with only that HDD connected to computer, fresh install W10x64 Pro v 1709 from a DVD I have, then update that to the v 1803 I have on DVD and then update that to the v 1809 I have on DVD. Or simply, wipe the 1TB drive and install the v1809 W10 and instal FF new and see what outcome that brings with my logging into Press F1.
    In truth, I do not want to have W10 v1803 on 1 HDD and v1809 on another in this computer. the 1809 would be just fine on its own IF it functions without the issues I have been having of late.
    Shrug....Tomorrow is another day.
    Thanks

Older by the minute

Download the ISO of 1809 and install it on an 8GB flashdrive and then install it on the 1TB after you "wipe the 1TB HDD to unallocated space again and with only that HDD connected to computer". Do not reinstall the 80GB HDD. About the only way to go I think!

For me at least the mapped network drives issue has always been there. Seems like windows attempts to reconnect to them too early in the startup process before the network has settled down and then never checks again.
    They still work fine but sit there with the red X through them until you open one. I've had to do several workarounds for this over the years to get my scheduled backups to work.

As for the rest, fingers crossed no issues yet.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Download the ISO of 1809 and install it on an 8GB flashdrive and then install it on the 1TB after you "wipe the 1TB HDD to unallocated space again and with only that HDD connected to computer". Do not reinstall the 80GB HDD. About the only way to go I think!
    Bryan. Hi and thanks. My thoughts entirely. I am now downloading a fresh copy of v1809 and this afternoon I will instal it to the unallocated space 1TB HDD. I realized an error I had made the other day when I posted a pic of the upgrade of the 1803 to 1809 was saying I couldn't upgrade and save all I had on the 1TB drive that had v1803 on it... I had downloaded the 32bit version of the 1809 and not the 64 Bit. I had a thought on that when it was downloaded and its file size was 3.76GB and I could burn the ISO to a DVD 5 disc..... the previous downloads of v1809 were 4.72GB and I couldn't burn them to a DVD5 and didn't have an 8GB Flash Drive. I must have used the wrong mediacreation tool to get that 32Bit DL of 1809. I only realized my error last night while looking into a sites page on the W10 Dloads and it showed the Sizes if the 32 and 64 Bit downloads. I already have the DL of the v1809 somewhere but I am getting a fresh copy to hopefully ensure no more fups
    I will post back later today after I have the v1809 installed and hopefully I can get signed into Press F1 to do that. That would make my day
    Cheers.

Right well now I am seriously !@#$%^ off. I used the new mediacreation 1809 tool to download the Windows v1809 .ISO and at the end of it all the damn thing has DL'd the 32BIT .ISO!!!!!! File size is 3.76 GB and I had instructed the tool to get the 64BIT v1809 DL. Another wasted hour of time and almost 4GB of my data plan gone. I will start again and get a different 1809 mediacreation tool. The one I got was from a site and it was dated as 2 days ago!!!!
    Somethings gonna blow very soon
    I got the tool from this site https://www.techworld.com/download/o...77631-3330946/

When you run the Media Creation tool you have the options to change. If you use its defaults it will download what ever version its being run from.

Untick the check box and you can then change to what you want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Media_creation_tool.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	9145

Name:	Untick.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	9146

The link to the techworld

NO NO NO NO------ No wonder you're having problems.

Name:	Nod32_warning.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	9147

Name:	Nod32.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	9148

get it directly from Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
    Last edited by wainuitech; 20-11-2018 at 11:48 AM.