Default Digitally signing a PDF

I am designing a form for an organisation I volunteer with. They say they want the PDF form to be digitally signed. I have no experience with this. I set up the form as a PDF and added a signature field. When I clicked it it brought up a dialog and when I clicked OK it added the name etc to the field. So far, so hoopy.

My question is, will the users have to set up digital signatures in advance, or does it all happen automagically when they click the field. The field displayed my name - where did it get that from? I should say that most (probably nearly all) of the users would not know anything about creating/using digital sigs.

Any help appreciated.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Default Re: Digitally signing a PDF

There's sometimes a bit of confusion when people say digitally signed.

The two are : have a read of digital-signature-faq

Read "What’s the difference between a digital signature and an electronic signature?" AND "How do digital signatures work?"

Are you simply wanting a document signed as if you scribble your own Signature ?

If so then there's quite a few options, one esp if its for several people is places like http://unbouncepages.com/signrequest..._source=GetApp Watch the video

Theres a lot, another is DocuSign.

I have my signature as a Pic, the background is transparent so I can simply take a PDF, drop the signature in, it looks like its been manually signed, save it, signed
    Last edited by wainuitech; 09-11-2018 at 12:23 PM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

I just had a conversation with the person I am doing this for, and in fact the "digital"/"E-Signature" that she requires is just a check box next to a sentence that says "the information above is correct". Which all seems a bit weird to me. I pointed out that there is no security at all in that, and anyone could fill out the form and tick the box, but apparently they are going to rely on the form being submitted from the known e-mail address of the claimant (we are talking about a travel expenses claim.) I didn't go into the various ways email addresses can be spoofed. There is a bit of security in that reimbursements will go into a nominated bank account, which should be known about and separately verified, but it all smacks to me of efforts by someone to introduce "security" without really knowing what is involved.

Thanks for the info.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

but it all smacks to me of efforts by someone to introduce "security" without really knowing what is involved.
    That sounds like it sums it up nicely.

Just ticking a box has no security at all.

Worst case:
    the information above is correct
    + Check box. Narrrrrrr Even if its a PDF, its VERY easy these days for someone to reverse a PDF to a editable document, change the wording to what ever they want, and resave it.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.