Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38
  1. #21
    Senior Member Digby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    5,009

    Default Re: no more plastic shoping bags

    Plastics are one of the best inventions ever.
    So cheap and hygenic.
    Paper and cloth are so last last century (19th century)
    People in Asian and Africa need to be told to stop littering their rivers and our oceans.

    Here in NZ we have plenty of room for landfills.
    And they say of 85% of the waste in landfills is building and demolition materials!
    So leave my single use plastic bags alone please!
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?

  2. #22
    Superanuitant Poppa John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wonderful Wanganui
    Posts
    4,871

    Default Re: no more plastic shoping bags

    Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    Then leave the packaging at the supermarket.

    Or at the very least, take it back then once unwrapped (ie next time you go)
    Thats A good idea, I wonder how they would react if a plastic bag holding all last weeks shelf item plastic containers is left on the service desk by a lot of people? PJ
    Deafness.
    When I was younger I heard but didn't listen.
    Now I am older, I listen but cannot hear.

    If it is not broke, don't make it broker by trying to make it better. (This applies specifically to PJ)

  3. #23
    Senior Member 1101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,844

    Default Re: no more plastic shoping bags

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa John View Post
    Thats A good idea, I wonder how they would react if a plastic bag holding all last weeks shelf item plastic containers is left on the service desk by a lot of people? PJ
    My supermarket had a recycling scheme for the plastic bags. Not sure where they went after collection for recycling, probably into storage or a 3rd world country
    My rubbish actually goes into one big yellow plastic bag, as do many locally. Why havnt large rubbish bags been banned ? double standards

    All this Clean green BS is driven by those who think buying a Prius hybrid car was saving the planet .
    Token gestures so we can feel good and pretend we are making a difference.

    Im more concerned about the effect of plastic microfibres , and all the Plasticizers making their way into our foods .
    Glass is looking pretty good now, glass drink bottles are damn expensive though .

  4. #24
    Senior Member Digby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    5,009

    Default Re: no more plastic shoping bags

    Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    All this Clean green BS is driven by those who think buying a Prius hybrid car was saving the planet .
    Token gestures so we can feel good and pretend we are making a difference.
    So true!

    Like people who cycle everywhere and then fly to the UK
    How much fuel does that cost? How much CO2 produced
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?

  5. #25
    Member Zippity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Capital City
    Posts
    4,151

    Default Re: no more plastic shoping bags

    I was in New World, Newlands this morning and saw a sign saying they were phasing out the one-use plastic bags 1 January 2019

    The customer in front of me bought a packet of cigarettes - $35+++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    All this bullsh1t about banning plastic bags, whilst pushing the sale of fags.

    Go figure
    I worked for everything I have. Most successful people have done the same thing.
    No, you aren't "entitled" to it. Too damn bad, Get it the way I did.
    WORK FOR IT.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lower Hutt, NZ
    Posts
    669

    Default Re: no more plastic shoping bags

    So what are you actual complaints that has you all uppity about the removal of bags? That you have to remember to bring something, that your second use of a rubbish bag might now actually cost you a little money (or none if you go bagless in a bin). Big deal. In the scheme of this in not that much of a pain.

    First is these, next we make the supermarkets and their distributors actually have to make their own changes instead of expecting consumers to do it all.

    They can start removing all their crappy packaging, fruit and vegetables, packing materials for deliveries.

    We couldn't very well get them to do anything if consumes were so apathetic they didn't care enough to avoid bags.
    Interests: PVRs, HTPCs, Apple IOS, Apple TV, Media Players, C#, Printing

  7. #27
    Old guy
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,080

    Default Re: no more plastic shoping bags

    Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    So what are you actual complaints that has you all uppity about the removal of bags? That you have to remember to bring something, that your second use of a rubbish bag might now actually cost you a little money (or none if you go bagless in a bin). Big deal. In the scheme of this in not that much of a pain.

    First is these, next we make the supermarkets and their distributors actually have to make their own changes instead of expecting consumers to do it all.

    They can start removing all their crappy packaging, fruit and vegetables, packing materials for deliveries.

    We couldn't very well get them to do anything if consumes were so apathetic they didn't care enough to avoid bags.
    Is English your second language?

  8. #28
    Senior Member Digby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    5,009

    Default Re: no more plastic shoping bags

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    Is English your second language?
    No, I think they are a senior member of the Green Party and a Luddite.

    I am a consumes and I look for plastic bags. I managed to buy a bulk lot on Trademe!
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?

  9. #29
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,024

    Default Re: no more plastic shoping bags

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I was in New World, Newlands this morning and saw a sign saying they were phasing out the one-use plastic bags 1 January 2019

    The customer in front of me bought a packet of cigarettes - $35+++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (
    Whats that got to do with plastic?
    And they got badly ripped off. $21.50 from I shall say not where.
    Ex-pctek

  10. #30
    CICERO FAN CLUB MEMBER prefect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,652

    Default Re: no more plastic shoping bags

    They used to use paper bags to put a bottle of liquor in but there was despair and despondency when it shot out the bottom and broke especially when the it was wet. Plastic bags solved the problem, f..... you could fill them with dive belt weights and they wouldnt break. Now its back to paper bags and more needless carnage.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

    Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Similar Threads

  1. Hands off my plastic Bags !
    By Digby in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 21-07-2017, 04:39 PM
  2. Plastic Shopping Bags
    By CliveM in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 02:08 PM
  3. Where to buy small resealable plastic bags...
    By Agent_24 in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 08:33 PM
  4. Plastic Shopping Bags - I use them
    By Digby in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 21-04-2009, 09:04 AM
  5. Shoping cart
    By Ron Bakker in forum PressF1
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18-05-2004, 12:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •