Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Advanced System Repair Pro

Help! this programme is a nuisance, How do I get rid of it? Please - press F1 can't delete it

Default Re: Advanced System Repair Pro

You can download Revo uninstaller from https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo..._download.html

Either the portable or installer ( free versions) run it, one it populates, locate Advanced System Repair Pro, single click to select it, click uninstall, make sure you select the advanced check button, once its uninstalled, click scan, remove everything it finds, the advanced removes all reg keys as well as folders left behind.

control panel : programs & features : uninstall all IObit programs
    or use something like revo uninstaller

then Install & run malwarebytes ,scan, remove/quarantine all PUP detections. Then uninstall malwarebyes

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Then uninstall malwarebyes
    Damn good idea.

There's a better way to scan for malware leftovers -- Download windows-repair-toolbox On the Malware tab, run Zemana, Hitman Pro, and lastly ( if you want) AdwCleaner No need to install Malwarebytes at all. Its gone backwards in many ways.

to wainuitech and 1101 - this is diabolical - I've got no idea what to do, I'm going round and round getting nowhere - thanks for your comments, maybe I'll have to get a local tech. Meanwhile this ASRPro continues to pop up again and again

Did you get adwcleaner then run it then tell it to remove whatever? If ccleaner is installed delete its entry in startup first then reboot then run adwcleaner

Quote Originally Posted by jayal View Post
    to wainuitech and 1101 - this is diabolical - I've got no idea what to do, I'm going round and round getting nowhere - thanks for your comments, maybe I'll have to get a local tech. Meanwhile this ASRPro continues to pop up again and again
    What you can try to do to stop the popups, press ctrl+ Alt+ Del, select Task manager. If you don't have the full window, bottom Left click More Details. Under the start Tab, scroll through, locate as 1101 Suggested, locate anything relating to IOBit or Advanced System ----

Click each one, one at a time, then click Disable. Once done, reboot, this should give you a better chance of downloading and running revo, as well as removing the program. Anything IObit.

Windows Repair Toolbox is all you need as it has Revo/adwcleaner included in it's Tools

If you are unsure see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n0zidZjnxc

thanks Speedy, been a long time, you had the answer, now fixed - I've got adwcleaner/Malwarebytes is that okay - that nuisance Advanced System Repair Pro has disappeared, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Damn good idea.

There's a better way to scan for malware leftovers -- Download windows-repair-toolbox On the Malware tab, run Zemana, Hitman Pro, and lastly ( if you want) AdwCleaner No need to install Malwarebytes at all. Its gone backwards in many ways.
    The Windows repair link throws up warnings about toolbox slowing down your computer, and even if you go ahead anyway blocks the address-??