Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Firefox?

Question Firefox?

I love Firefox and I have used it for years and years BUT now I am finding more and more sites just don't load properly with Firefox.

QUESTION: Am I alone in this?

Yes, before someone asks, I am using the very latest version of Firefox and I regularly update it. :-)

Default Re: Firefox?

Loads fine here 2 laptops and 2 phones on Firefox

I had issues with the google play store videos and installed chrome to fix them. Because I see no need for multiple browsers and chrome seems to be the most widely supported I've stuck with it.
    It may not be the fastest or the best, but for me at least it's been the most dependable. Prior to that I used FF for quite a few years.

On the other had the whole video issue really annoyed me. Supposedly you can rent a movie from the play store and play it back in whatever browser you like. That was the official story at the time at least.
    So I rented a movie to try it out (Before Netflix was a thing here) and couldn't get it to play. FF, Edge, IE, none of them would play the movie, didn't want to waste my money so I installed chrome and away it went.
    Seems all a bit dodgy and underhanded but it converted me to chrome anyway.

Incidentally I've tried to like edge a few times now, but I just can't do it.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Never had a problem with Firefox not loading pages probably, at work it's usually Chrome that's playing naughty anyway

A few days ago I upgraded to FF 63.0
    It has new built in ad blocking and anti-tracking features, which have led me to disable my older ad blocker.

However, I'm finding there's a crazy lag in communicating to websites, and the lag seems to be on the outgoing end, waiting for FF to process a request to talk to whatever website.
    Websites load fine, and fast, once that initial communication is actually initiated, and a speed test shows good ping, etc, yet the responsiveness to clicking any link is definitely 'retarded' at best.

An app developer I know says developers usually don't test websites and apps with Firefox because it has a low market share now compared to Chrome. Chrome works fine for me. But I don't like it.

I read somewhere that it's because FF doesn't suppose flash anymore but Chrome does. I don't know if this is true?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    An app developer I know says developers usually don't test websites and apps with Firefox because it has a low market share now compared to Chrome. Chrome works fine for me. But I don't like it.

I read somewhere that it's because FF doesn't suppose flash anymore but Chrome does. I don't know if this is true?
    Sounds like that developer is lazy. Always test in any browser with a decent market share (that includes Firefox).

All browsers still support Flash, they just do so begrudgingly.
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

Re Member

Same here. I can't get onto my Outlook website now with FF, and another suppliers website.Have to use Chrome to access them.

Suddenly this morning almost every site I type into the address bar gives me
    The page isnít redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies

Cleared cache, cookies etc.
    In fact deleted cookies manually as well.

If I google the site, then click select it they load fine.
    Ditto pressf1.co.nz

Haven't changed anything at all, no new version or whatever.
    Ex-pctek

Ive come across very few site that dont work in FF, those sites often dont work in Chrome either . I use IE for those.

But, I have an ad-blocker in FF, that may be helping by blocking the crap that could otherwise cause issues ?