Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: No 1809 win 10 update for me?

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    The home/pro thing is just a scam from MS to make more money

Pro users are usually server connected, so they are allready paying more for server user licences . MS is effectively charging them twice, 4x if using Terminal services

If Pro was really buseness orientated by MS, and they DIDNT force games & non business crap in via updates, then maybee they could justify its extra cost.
    its not a scam at all. If you don't want Pro know one is forcing you to buy it.

Windows 10 Pro devices that are domain joined don't automatically installing the Consumer Experience games etc from the Store

It looks like 1809 is rolling out again ... though I'd be waiting on the first guinea pigs to test it before going anywhere near it

Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    It looks like 1809 is rolling out again ... though I'd be waiting on the first guinea pigs to test it before going anywhere near it
    Its not just windows10 updates that are buggy.
    Ive got 2 separate Outlook bugs to fix that appeared after updates, Server IIS bug that appeared after an update(a total fluke that I tracked that down to an update)
    Youre left wondering, what issues will I get with the next lot of updates

Quality control : none
    SERIOUS Bugs that are reported by insiders testing : dont get fixed and just released as is to the general public .
    The 1809 'issues' were reported to MS by 'insiders' , there was time to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by John D View Post
    Hi Guys and Gals,
    I have been checking and clicking for windows updates in the attempt to receive 1809 upgrade for my HP Elitebook laptop. So far no joy in receiving this update
    I've come here wondering why this may be. My apologies if this has been covered in other posts. I have been aware of the problems with the earlier release of this update but I thought it was all good now,[well sort of].
    Have I perhaps missed something?
    with thanks, John
    Hi John D
    get the W10 1809 update here.........its MASSIVE 4.9 download.....https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/oct...urce=feed_text

Quote Originally Posted by kioti View Post
    Hi John D
    get the W10 1809 update here.........its MASSIVE 4.9 download.....https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/oct...urce=feed_text
    Don't know where that report got a 4.9GB Download, that's Bull.

Just brought the latest through via the media creation too, its the Standard 3.9GB, this is the complete install.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1809.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	9133
    Last edited by wainuitech; 14-11-2018 at 01:06 PM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Huge Member

Quote Originally Posted by kioti View Post
    Hi John D
    Yep, spied that yesterday myself. I figured I can still hold back longer as I'm a little more stand off ish these days. And watch and listen to the headlines for any further possible chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by John D View Post
    Yep, spied that yesterday myself. I figured I can still hold back longer as I'm a little more stand off ish these days. And watch and listen to the headlines for any further possible chaos.
    Hi John D...yep that link I supplied was well off the beam...it was not the link I meant to supply..wrong MS group. I DL'd from MS using the 1809 Tool and am using the v1809 Pro x64 now, it seems to be ok. Alien to me is W10...old W7 Stale wart

Just downloaded W10 v1809 from Microsoft, I hope it has been fixed, we will see!

Quote Originally Posted by mzee View Post
    Just downloaded W10 v1809 from Microsoft, I hope it has been fixed, we will see!
    Complete waste of time, its still a dog!
    * Took ages to install
    * Have not fixed the file manager, still lists USB external drives twice.
    * Control panel still missing from Menus
    * Couldn't find several drivers (version 1803, & Mint have no problem with this)
    * Still tells me that my USB sticks need scanning, & then finds nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mzee View Post
    Complete waste of time, its still a dog!
    * Took ages to install
    * Have not fixed the file manager, still lists USB external drives twice.
    * Control panel still missing from Menus
    * Couldn't find several drivers (version 1803, & Mint have no problem with this)
    * Still tells me that my USB sticks need scanning, & then finds nothing wrong.
    Some the above freaks of again not knowing your OS.

Lets list them -- Time to install -- Depends on the specs of the computer, the amount of data and installed programs. Done upgrades from a new 1803 to 1809 in about 30 minutes, computers with lots of data several hours.

USB drive twice -- Corrupted OS - Fix it. Again Windows has had this problem for years, OS is simply damaged. If you Goggle it, theres one reg key you alter = Fixed.

Control panel - Its there - always has been, if your waiting for it to show like W7, not going to happen, in fact its slowly being removed completely, if you want it like W7 then go back to W7.
    I've actually got the control panel on the Right click menu: Easy to do, google is your friend.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Control_Panel.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	9214

Drivers -- What drivers ?? Blame the software manufacture for not providing newer drivers ( AMD are the worst).

Message re USB drive -- Been doing that for years, Reason- There's a problem with the USB drive or OS some place. Theres plenty of advise if you goggle it to tell you why its doing it.

A LOT of people complain yet wont even attempt to sort out basic house keeping. Its amazing the amount of people who think an upgrade will fix faults - Doesn't happen.

All the "faults" relate to one thing, the OS is damaged.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 07-12-2018 at 09:43 PM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.