Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After new ISP

Default Re: After new ISP

Quote Originally Posted by ianhnz View Post
    Sorry for delay its a Panasonic TH43FX600Z or TH49FX600Z, that's what operating instructions say.
    Cant locate the exact manual for that model, but looking into the freeview over internet, its on demand.

Looking on Vodafones site they have internet TV which has freeview but requires one of their set boxes.

Did find this though, dont have any freeview here so cant test / try it.

https://www.freeviewnz.tv/faq-librar...nnection-tips/
    Last edited by wainuitech; 22-10-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Smile Re: After new ISP

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Cant locate the exact manual for that model, but looking into the freeview over internet, its on demand.

Looking on Vodafones site they have internet TV which has freeview but requires one of their set boxes.

Did find this though, dont have any freeview here so cant test / try it.

https://www.freeviewnz.tv/faq-librar...nnection-tips/
    Great thanks for the info

Old dick-head

Quote Originally Posted by ianhnz View Post
    Can you explain that, please?
    Our problem is with have to use satellites & decoder doesnt pickup all channels.
    Also our UHF aerial needs adjusting, but with my help there is noway I can do it.
    I know we can watch online & do, but having a full freeview be good.
    We bought a "smart" TV but no idea how to use it & no instructions, much...
    Sorry, it is Freeview ondemand that I meant.

To answer the original question, 2Degrees, Voyager, Spark/Skinny IMO are the best at the moment. I personally wouldn't change to Vodafone.

2Degrees often have a very nice joining offer, but to be honest you may not gain a lot from changing. There's nothing wrong with Spark. Maybe worth a call to them to make sure you are on the best plan?

They have this new 'unplan' which is great for some people, depending on your usage.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

Anyone except Spark and Vodafone.
    You should know that they ran a cartel and always over promise on their offers and under deliver. (Vodafone often get called out by the Commerce Commision)

I'm with Actrix (now part of Voyager), have been for the last 15 years+
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?

Smile Re: After new ISP

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Anyone except Spark and Vodafone.
    You should know that they ran a cartel and always over promise on their offers and under deliver. (Vodafone often get called out by the Commerce Commision)

I'm with Actrix (now part of Voyager), have been for the last 15 years+
    I heard what you are saying, but Spark's been pretty good, over the years...
    Our fiber speeds are good.
    We on 100/20 plan & ofter get 105/22, so not too bad.
    Thanks for the info.

Old guy

I am on Vodafone Fibre and have no complaints I get the speed I pay for, 100/20, or a little better regardless of time of day or school holidays etc. As I understand it the connection itself has little to do with the ISP company so long as they have sufficient capacity to handle the number of customers they have.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    I am on Vodafone Fibre and have no complaints I get the speed I pay for, 100/20, or a little better regardless of time of day or school holidays etc. As I understand it the connection itself has little to do with the ISP company so long as they have sufficient capacity to handle the number of customers they have.
    Second that, been with Vodafone well before it became Vodafone back when the cable network first went in ( Saturn from memory). Sure get the odd glitch, but never anything major, unless you call some digger operator taking out the cable at the beginning of Wainui a fault

Speed is always good, my plan on fibreX Max allows up tp 900Mbps, and regularly get it, the worst its gotten is 350. When ever I call them, once a year ( as advised by a rep when they were Telstra) at the time my plan is about to rollover they have always given a better plan.

Last one they combined several of the items I have into a new plan and it's saved me $70 / month.

Agreed vodafone broadband tv is crap there cheap set top boxes they use now always freeze everyday and you constantly have to unpulg the set top box and the red wireless adaptor they give you its just trash and cheap crap.

I had it for three months and sent the whole lot back not worth it for what you pay per month now no longer a vodafone customer have gone to my republic.