Thread: print screen

Default print screen

I plot the waveform of earthquakes which I monitor but how do I print the screen.
    Text is OK but the waveform doesn't print - used to be no problem with an old 486 and a HP 520 Deskjet using the Graphics command- but Windows ! The program used is a compiled Turbobasic.

Default Re: print screen

Is the program, by any chance, a DOS one?

Fred

Are you trying to print the image from your screen, or to print via the graphics program you are using?

To print your screen in Windows complete with the graphic image you want using only MS Windows programs you have on your computer already, press the 'print screen' key (next to F12) then open Windows 'Paint' and click Edit/Paste and the screen image will appear. Select the area you want from the screen using the 'Select' tool (dotted box at the top of the Paint tool bar) then click Edit/Cut. Open a new Paint screen and paste the cut image in.

You can print direct from that screen, or if you want to adjust the image size first, go to Image/Stretch-skew and set the values you want for the image size.

Play around with this and you should get the results you want.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Try a prog called PrintKey2000. It's freeware and either do a search or try www.melander.dk - long time since I downloaded but will do what you want. Bye

Love this site. You learn from other people's problems. Thanks Billy T. I have used Printscreen a lot but did not know I could select only a part of the screen print. That should save ink usage.