Default 100% disc usage ..

Hi all

There seems to be a plethora of remedies for this knon issue, but the ones I have tried haven't fixed it

Could any of the members reccommend the best / simplest way of resolving this problem ... I'm not all that tech savy and due to the need for large doses of analgesia, I often have difficulty concentrating, so pretty much need step by step instructions if someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

I'm at the point where reimage is looking like the best option for me if someone can confirm that will be a solution ... I seem to recall having done this to one of my computers some time ago and think it did the trick.

Cheers all

Default Re: 100% disc usage ..

Not enough info

is it win10, win7 , win8 ? XP
    what processes are doing all the disk access ? (task manager, performance, resource manager)
    what happens if its left for an hour or so, does the high disk access then stop/finish ?

Could be, failing HD, Win telemetry gone bad (if Win7) , failing winupdate continually retrying , other software gone bad .
    Could also be malware/virus , less likely unless you have a crypto malware infection

You could try msconfig & disable all non MS startup items

Default Re: 100% disc usage ..

It's worth also trying to free up some disc space and see if the issue continues.
    It could be your antivirus doing a deep scan, or it could be a scheduled backup/disc image, or as 1101 has said above it could be a sign your HDD is on the way out.