Thread: Who Is America?

Default Who Is America?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkXeMoBPSDk

Well worth a watch. Brilliant comedy - Sacha Baron Cohen at his absolute best - and an awfully insightful look at one side of the United States.

Default Re: Who Is America?

as much as I like Sacha Baron Cohen's comedy, I found that program unwatchable.
    Its 2018 after all, this 'humor' isnt smart or funny.

I cant see any humor in belittling people & entrapment to make them look stupid.
    Its on the same level as TV/Youtube shows that prank people who do a good deeds to help people they thought were in dire need

Trash TV at its worst. Shooting fish in a barrel by someone who has run out of original ideas .

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    as much as I like Sacha Baron Cohen's comedy, I found that program unwatchable.
    Its 2018 after all, this 'humor' isnt smart or funny.

I cant see any humor in belittling people & entrapment to make them look stupid.
    Its on the same level as TV/Youtube shows that prank people who do a good deeds to help people they thought were in dire need

Trash TV at its worst. Shooting fish in a barrel by someone who has run out of original ideas .

+1

It is probably an age/maturity thing but it is certainly not to my idea of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    +1

It is probably an age/maturity thing but it is certainly not to my idea of humour.
    Quite agree. The Yanks are just not funny. Not a patch on British humour.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Quite agree. The Yanks are just not funny. Not a patch on British humour.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacha_Baron_Cohen

'Sacha Noam Baron Cohen (born 13 Octover 1971) is a British actor, comedian, screenwriter, and film producer.

When you talk out of a hole in your body, please do try to ensure it's your mouth.

He's letting stupid people say stupid things, by giving them a platform where they feel comfortable to run their mouth.
    He's not making them look stupid, merely letting them show their true colours.

Take Joe Walsh, and the video where he explains how he got done - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9LjwRRO9fk
    Basically, he allowed himself to be bought by the lure of an award (having done no background research obviously) and having some cash splashed on him. Excuse the choice of words, but no one put a gun to his head - he chose to say what he said. He got exactly what he deserved, and he's a shameful excuse for a politician.

Apple free in Appleby KarameaDave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick G View Post
    He's letting stupid people say stupid things, by giving them a platform where they feel comfortable to run their mouth.

Take Joe Walsh, and the video where he explains how he got done - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9LjwRRO9fk
    Basically, he allowed himself to be bought by the lure of an award (having done no background research obviously) and having some cash splashed on him. Excuse the choice of words, but no one put a gun to his head - he chose to say what he said. He got exactly what he deserved, and he's a shameful excuse for a politician.
    +1
    FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Nick G View Post
    He's obviously baiting them . He IS trying to make them look stupid, thats the only point of the show.
    Its not funny or smart.

These people have made their views well known already. So whats new here, nothing.
    Pretending to be a disabled war vet, just to trick Palin into looking stupid . Just air some of her old speeches or interviews if thats what you want .
    If he has to stoop that low to make Palin look stupid ....
    Last edited by 1101; 07-09-2018 at 12:24 PM.

He's obviously baiting them . He IS trying to make them look stupid, thats the only point of the show.
    Its not funny or smart.
    I don't know about not smart, I'd like to think it'd be damn difficult to get a democratically elected representative (or anyone) to do this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4pMTsa1Kw
    But sadly you're probably right, and it was all too easy. Still, you support your lot. I'll continue to believe democratically elected represnetatives should conduct themselves professionally and represent the best of society.