Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

Cool Kiwi, Visiting In US Is Shot Trying To Break And Enter.....

I guess he didn't get on a tour or he missed a connection to visit Disneyland or San Francisco.......

__________________________________________________ ___________

New Zealand Man Shot While Breaking Into Home

Ammoland Inc. Posted on July 21, 2018 by Bob Irwin

Bob Irwin highlights the latest self-defense and other shootings of the week.
    Read them and see what went wrong, what went right and what we can learn from self-defense with a gun.

Me here: BTW: Goochland County is a real name for a place in Virginia.

__________________________________________________ ____

USA –-(Ammoland.com)- The Richmond Times-Dispatch reports 06-22-18 and in an update here that a Goochland County, Virginia, a woman was forced to shoot a man attempting to break into her home on Steeplechase Parkway wounding him in the neck after repeatedly warning him that she was armed and was calling law enforcement.

A New Zealand man, age 25, attempted to force entry into the home through a basement door and was warned by the woman that she was calling law enforcement and that she was armed with a handgun.

He was unsuccessful entering the basement door and so went up the steps to the deck and broke the glass on a door there with a landscape stone.

After repeated warnings by the resident woman, this moron smashed the glass on the door and reached through to unlatch it. As he did so, the woman fired twice with a .22 caliber handgun.

The suspect fled the scene and fell onto the front yard of the next-door neighbor.

Upon arrival, deputies found him lying in the front yard of the residence. He was treated on scene by Goochland County Fire/ Rescue and transported to VCU Medical Center.

The suspect’s condition is currently unknown.

The Goochland Sheriff’s Office reports the wounded perp came into the United States two days earlier at Los Angeles International Airport. The man, Troy George Skinner, 25, was found with duct tape, pepper spray and a camouflage folding clip knife with a 2.75-inch blade, Sheriff James Agnew said during a news briefing at the sheriff’s office. The duct tape and the blade had been purchased from a Walmart on Friday, the day of the attack.

Agnew said investigators believe Skinner first made contact with the 14-year-old Goochland girl three to four months earlier through Discord, a voice-over-internet application that allows video gamers to communicate via their personal computer or smartphone.

He is in the custody and charges are pending.

Comment: So he flies into Los Angeles and a day & a half later shows up at a home in Virginia uninvited. From the report “He initially was being treated in intensive care but Sheriff James Agnew said he believes Skinner’s condition has improved and he will survive.”

This family will likely have trouble with him again if he is released.

Bob Irwin, Las Vegas

Comment: OMG, these Yankees have actual guns!

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2018/07/new...#ixzz5M8ihnixY
    Under Creative Commons License: With Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Warum werden wir so früh alt und klug so spät?

Default Re: Kiwi, Visiting In US Is Shot Trying To Break And Enter.....

You can keep him as a souvenir Joe.

HERE somebody might recognise him.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

You can openly post a comment on that page if you like - your email and name won't be publicized (that's got a ZED in it).

SurferJoe, yes, you can keep him. Don't send him back here because all he'll probably get is a slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket. So keep this rightly-called-moron in detention for as long as you wish. A Virgina penitentiary will hopefully straighten him out.

Or not
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Oh yes, that nutter. It was all over our news a while ago.
    Obviously some twisted moron, not only because of what he tried with the girl, but the fact that he did this in the US> I mean, really? He didn't know every one old enough to hold a gun, owns one and uses them?

Well serves him right, perhaps he doesn't know that he will likely get a real sentence there too, instead of 5 minutes home detention that he'd get here for it.
    Thats one thing I think the US has right, (usually) proper sentences and the death penalty.

Before the shock horror comments start:

Now as for the latter, I've heard the whining that jail and death penalties don't discourage criminals, but then neither does letting them out or not locking them up/killing them in the first place.

a dead person commits no more crime.

I would say don't use it for cases where evidence is not obvious, and only for serial killers, child molesters....
    These type of criminals are not curable so it should be the sentence for them.
    Ex-pctek

He should get an extra 10 years for taking a Knife to a Gun Fight.

And I guess we should give the Gun Lobby some points as who knows the outcome if Mother wasn’t armed?
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

pcsourcepoint

Apparently they were chatting for 4 months. Seems length and perhaps undetected from her family. Now I read he was on anti-psychotic meds - which he stopped taking. A recipe for imminent behavioural (a trigger stressor) issues once rejected or disengaged from further communication.
    Last edited by kahawai chaser; 24-07-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)

IF the girl was a minor (under 18 in MOST states, 16 in others --- mebee 13 or 12 in Virginia) then he will get the book thrown at him. That the mom was able to shoot him --- albeit with a tiny caliber weapon -- he has to be happy that she didn't have a 38 or a 45 or a 9mm. A 12 gauge would have been a decisive firearm too.

Virginia is below what we call "The Bible Belt" in that it is very Baptist and Protestant in nature to almost 100% of the population, so he'd get roasted in court there for messing with a minor --- fer sure!

Contrary-wise ---> not everyone in the US is armed and/or actually wants to shoot people. I'm armed but I do not keep my weapon loaded whilst it is at home.

I also do NOT desire to shoot anyone - a people-anyone.

I am so thankful that I've never held a person in my sights either as a civilian or in the US Navy. I know I was supporting "The Machine" but I never pulled the trigger on anyone.

That is a very fearful thing to do ---> shoot and kill someone. I mean- you've actually taken a human life - which I hold sacred in my mind and heart.

ANIMALS: we have dominion over them and must never mistreat them - but they can serve as food and if they have a notion to take a human life --- then all bets are off for me. The animal must go!

I only load-up and CCW when I go into the woods, lakes or campgrounds around here. It's only a defense against animals somewhat lower on the food chain than I.

Since it's illegal in Montana to feed any wild animals - especially the bears - I am trying to stay above the law and not feed them with any part of me. I'm just trying to avoid fines and jail time...... that's all.

THEY eat protein and I am protein.

I believe that humans are white meat too... and certain cannibals call humans 'Long Pig" for somewhat obvious reasons.... like.... we look the same ..... pretty much...... inside.

Speaking of cannibals.........

https://youtu.be/qjAHw2DEBgw

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by SurferJoe46 View Post
    Virginia is below what we call "The Bible Belt"
    Contrary-wise ---> not everyone in the US is armed and/or actually wants to shoot people. I'm armed but I do not keep my weapon loaded whilst it is at home.

The US is a giant bible belt.

In the US everyone seems to need a gun. Unlike Canada, NZ, UK Europe etc.
    Ex-pctek