Default Can I just create a new account and delete the old one to sell my PC ?

Normally when I sell a PC I either do a fresh install or a refresh to remove all data and get it ready for the new owners.
    Right now however I'm trying to sell my 2GB/32GB eLatte Panda mini PC and would prefer not to do that. The reason being it's a 32GB eMMC drive and uses a custom image of windows initially.
    You can download it from DFRobot but life would be easy if I didn't have to bother.

Windows came pre installed and configured for the Panda and I just used a compatible key to activate it, I'm not sure I even bothered changing the default account.

o all I've done with this machine is installed chrome and VLC and probably logged into Google and Netflix and done a bunch of browsing.
    Do you think it's safe to just log out of google and reset the browser, or if not would creating a new user account and deleting the old one be enough?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Yeah 32GB is too small, but I've managed to keep it half empty and fully updated. I regret not buying the 4GB/64GB version, this one will do Netflix and youtube but only if nothing else is going on to use any resources.

So far it looks like I'm stuck with this thing anyway, not much interest on trademe.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Default Re: Can I just create a new account and delete the old one to sell my PC ?

"Technically" if you create a new account, wipe out the old one with all data it should be OK, BUT like anything if someone really wanted to get data back they can.

You can also run a refresh https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/reset-windows-10-pc Telling it to remove all data.

Default Re: Can I just create a new account and delete the old one to sell my PC ?

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post

o all I've done with this machine is installed chrome and VLC and probably logged into Google and Netflix and done a bunch of browsing.
    Do you think it's safe to just log out of google and reset the browser.

Yes, clear cache.....
    Really, unless you visit dodgy sites, does it even matter if someone may see your search history?
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    "Technically" if you create a new account, wipe out the old one with all data it should be OK, BUT like anything if someone really wanted to get data back they can.

You can also run a refresh https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/reset-windows-10-pc Telling it to remove all data.
    I don't want to refresh the very small drive is also a bit slow, even some updates took much longer than usual. That's why I'm asking if just removing my account or just clearing the browser history is good enough.
    All of this assumes it actually sells, which is not seeming likely at the moment.

Wanderer

If you have a systems image from far back, you could perhaps use that instead.

I created a new local account with admin rights, logged into it and deleted my old account. I have had a good root around and can find no trace off any off my personal stuff anymore so that seems to be a simple option.
    Windows is down to 13.5GB fully updated and with chrome and VLC installed so that's not bad. To manage a 32GB system drive you pretty much have to do a cleanup after every update.