Thread: 2 questions

Default 2 questions

1: Can I run a PS4 through a AIO/Desktop monitor with a HDMI connection? Up until about 5mins ago I never thought this was possible.

2: How do I tell (an example below) if a processor is a desktop version or a laptop version? Is there a site somewhere I can go to find out for sure without relying on an "expert" opinion at a retailer?

HP 27 AIO Desktop.
    2.9GHz Intel i7 7700T quad core processor
    •16GB RAM
    •3TB Hard Drive & 16GB NVMe Intel Optane
    •AMD Radeon 530 4GB Graphics
    •Windows 10

Cheers

Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Default Re: 2 questions

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Google is your friend (sometimes)
    Very much sometimes - it's not always obvious where to even start with Google or how to be sure what comes back is valid.

https://ark.intel.com/products/97122/Intel-Core-i7-7700T-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz[/url]
    Oookay - so do I assume that if this was a lappie processer is would read as such below?

Vertical Segment Desktop

You can use any full HD HDMI display with a PS4, does't matter if it's a TV or a monitor or an all-in-one (if it has an input).

The 7700 is a desktop CPU, the 7700T is a lower power version. They are lower wattage versions with slightly lower clock speeds sold in bulk to hardware manufacturers without all the fancy packaging.
    Hard to buy for personal use except from places like E-bay, which is a shame because sometimes you might want a CPU that uses less power. They very commonly show up in small form factor or all-in one PCs where there are power and heat restrictions to meet.
    https://www.intel.com.au/content/www...r-numbers.html

The more searching you do on google the more you learn what sort of phrasing to use in a search, I guess some people are just better at it than others. Sometimes though you can literally cut and paste from a question into google and find the answer in the top few results, it's clear some people never even try to find the answer themselves and it can be frustrating (not saying that about this thread).
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    it's clear some people never even try to find the answer themselves and it can be frustrating
    Completely agree - lazy bastards.

However when it comes to tech, I find Google search results can confuse me more than I was when I first tried. Hence my post. I never found Wainui's links, but then I accept he'll be a much better "searcher" than I.

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    Completely agree - lazy bastards.

However when it comes to tech, I find Google search results can confuse me more than I was when I first tried. Hence my post. I never found Wainui's links, but then I accept he'll be a much better "searcher" than I.
    Actually I didn't really have to look. You provided the details perfectly.

Where you have put in bold the CPU specs, all I did was highlight it /copy - Search google and that was the first result.

Another further down the results -- https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/core_i7/i7-7700t Same as intels wording "desktop microprocessor"

Sure sometimes it doesn't always work like that, all depends on the subject being searched and the wording, change one word and you can get different results.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

all I did was highlight it /copy - Search google and that was the first result
    bahahahaha - see, I didn't even think of that! I went all long sentences etc.

Here's an example, I read the help forums on Toms hardware a lot. A common question is which of two or more CPUs is better. Often I know the answer but if I don't all I do is search the two with "vs" between them.

"i7 7700 vs 7700T" for example https://www.google.com.au/search?q=i...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    all the comparisons you could ever want just by using "vs"

Short is better, and trying to decide what's the most relevant part of the question. Googling sentences just reduces your results. Also sometimes you have to try and think how would an american say this.....
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Not relevant, but $7,300.00 for a MacBook Pro???

And that doesn't include extra's I didn't select coz I didn't know what they were lol

I gotta stop playing on the Apple site.