Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ‘Germany totally controlled by Russia’ – Trump

Trump actually makes some really good points here .
    Trump says it’s unacceptable that Berlin is paying billions of dollars to Moscow(for gas) instead of its NATO dues, which protect it from Russia

https://youtu.be/QahxjOjltXY

Old guy

Default Re: ‘Germany totally controlled by Russia’ – Trump

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Trump actually makes some really good points here .
    Trump says it’s unacceptable that Berlin is paying billions of dollars to Moscow(for gas) instead of its NATO dues, which protect it from Russia

https://youtu.be/QahxjOjltXY
    And you are unlikely to see that reported in our media here which only does a cut and paste from the likes of CNN and Washington Post.

To get any real idea of the truth you have to read both the right and the left media with an open mind. Most people seem to only listen to stuff that fits their own world view and ignore any information that does not fit.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    And you are unlikely to see that reported in our media here which only does a cut and paste from the likes of CNN and Washington Post.

Unfortunately True. Local Media is so Anti Trump , sort of understandable but news is supposed to be balanced & unbiased
    Such as the recent US illegal immigrant 'kids in cages' issue .
    The photos of the Kids in cages turned out to be from the Obama era. Hardly mentioned that this was going on in the Obama era as well, but I guess just bash Trump for anything
    & dont fact check .

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post

To get any real idea of the truth you have to read both the right and the left media with an open mind. Most people seem to only listen to stuff that fits their own world view and ignore any information that does not fit.
    Yup. +1. Last night TVOne had some sort of outage and didn't find their news program, so I drifted to 3 News... a copy and paste version of Aussie's Nine - Aussie centred news, Aussie content all the way. Reminded me why I stay with TVOne - and then why I only ever watch that for local news.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Unfortunately True. Local Media is so Anti Trump , sort of understandable but news is supposed to be balanced & unbiased
    Such as the recent US illegal immigrant 'kids in cages' issue .
    The photos of the Kids in cages turned out to be from the Obama era. Hardly mentioned that this was going on in the Obama era as well, but I guess just bash Trump for anything
    & dont fact check .
    Yup. +1 (again) ... remember the Herald published a picture of a homeless person supposedly in New Zealand somewhere, huddled against the railings, in nothing more than an old coat and trying to keep warm? Some eagle eye spotted it was in fact a cropped image published a week or so before, by an Edinburgh paper. Cropped so it looked like a local scene.

I stick with a Reuters digest for most of my overseas news, seems to be reasonably balanced. I supplement that with UK papers starting with the left wing Guardian and then followed by the right wing Telegraph ... somewhere in the middle, hopefully, is the truth.
    Last edited by WalOne; 12-07-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Personally, I distrust all the media and have their credibility at zero or less.

Interesting Link 1101, especially as it’s coming “From the Horses Mouth” so to speak.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    I stick with a Reuters digest for most of my overseas news, seems to be reasonably balanced
    3-4 months ago I spent a Sunday afternoon researching online news sources and what (if any) are considered impartial, as opposed to left v right.

Reuters was the name that cropped up the most.

pcsourcepoint

I subscribe to news briefs from blogs, e.g. Quartz. Few others Mashable, Huff Post, etc. Many have opinion pieces.
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post

Interesting Link 1101, especially as it’s coming “From the Horses Mouth” so to speak.
    horse or donkey ?
    Trump does have a way off bypassing the usual international niceties & getting straight to the point . I'll give him that .
    Internationally he seems to be keen on putting the US first .

Old dick-head

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MW-FC101_news_20161215131112_NS.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	8935