Default Wrong scale on printed plan.

Printed a model plane plan out and built it. Half finished and went to guru for some advice. He took one look at and said it was to small.
    He was right. I figured that the plan, from PDF, was for Foolscap and I had printed it on A4.
    Would like to print it to the correct scale but unsure how to tell the printer to print on A4 but maintain scale, fine if it prints across pages.
    Would like to build correct size as my club has comp and it is not standard.
    PS the one I am building will fly it is just smaller.
    Printer is a Brother MFC-J470DW.
    Any ideas appreciated
    Colin

Default Re: Wrong scale on printed plan.

Checked printer settings. It tells me that the Doc is 16.5 in x 11.7. Paper is 11.7 x 8.3.

Old guy

I would copy the image to a USB Flash Drive and get it printed at Warehouse Stationery or whoever your local people are.

The problem is you have the Wrong page settings.

The Doc,16.5 in x 11.7 is A3 the MFCJ470DW will only print 11.7 x 8.3 is A4 (or smaller)

The printer may set to shirk to fit. See if you can set it to multi page OR take it someplace that you can use an A3 size paper. The printer simply may not be capable of slpitting it over multi pages.

Remember those days well when I used to Design,build and Fly model Planes had to go to a print place to get plans printed off full size, most of the time they used a big printer that could handle 1Mtr or larger wide paper. Often it was cheaper to simply order the full size plans, mind you the planes I designed where drawn on mtr wide paper.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 15-07-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks Clive and WT.
    Tried multi page setting. I would print over 4 pages but size still the same.
    Probably the easiest solution is to go to Warehouse Stationary who are not far away from me.
    Thanks guys
    Cheers
    Colin

VoidMaster

I have had success at printing parts of a picture to small paper then assembling them,

http://www.ronyasoft.com/products/pr.../download.html

Not sure what the limitations of the free version are though, I think some advertising onto the picture which wouldn't bother you with paper planes.

No, it looks as if you can only print the first three pages with the free version, you may be able to get away with that with some manipulation.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 15-07-2018 at 09:04 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

We do this regularly - any printer with more than one paper tray that has A3 support should be able to print a .pdf to the correct page sizes with with the 'choose paper source based on page size' tickbox.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."