Default TV aerial distribution

We've just moved into a new house which has TV aerial connectors in the walls (and Ethernet ), all of which go to a central comms box in the garage. There's a digital amplifier in there (10MM-DDA28) which appears to distribute the signal from the UHF and satellite aerials to the wall connectors in each room, but I can't seem to get a signal on the TV from the wall plugs. I've tried Googling and nothing of use seems to come up, save from a Geekzone suggestion to disconnect the satellite dish which didn't work.

I know for sure the aerial itself works as I connected a TV directly to it and it picked up Freeview channels just fine. There's also a backfeed connector but I have no idea what it's for, so any answers appreciated

The last residents (and also owners) had Sky and it appeared to work fine for them, but we don't (nor need) Sky - I'm just trying to get Freeview working.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the issue might be? TV aerials are outside of my area of expertise
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

Default Re: TV aerial distribution

backfeed could be to send rf output around the house so all tv's see the sky channel. if they have done that there might only be one outlet thats the actual sat signal. need to hook the receiver on that outlet for the system to work.
    is the amp mains powered or rely on the freeveiw/sky box to power it ?
    Tweak it till it breaks

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    backfeed could be to send rf output around the house so all tv's see the sky channel. if they have done that there might only be one outlet thats the actual sat signal. need to hook the receiver on that outlet for the system to work.
    Would this also apply to a terrestrial signal? If so I'll just try connecting something to each output and see what works

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    is the amp mains powered or rely on the freeveiw/sky box to power it ?
    Mains powered.
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

Can't re Member

Here's how it might be meant to work, there would be a cable to the satellite receiver which should go to your amplifier. From amplifier OUT to a splitter feeding into up to four? feeds to individual locations. At each location you would need to feed into your set top box and then to TV or if UHF works maybe direct into your TV. First try to sketch which cables go where. It should work reasonably well without the amplifier. If where you had your TV working is a suitable place to keep it there, you could connect the OUT from the set top box to where it feeds around the house. Draw a diagram if you can access the cabling

It's hard to visualise, common splitters have often got one outlet that can feed power back to a masthead amp. If that's the backfeed you are seeing and you don't have a masthead amp then just think of it as another output.
    Otherwise maybe a sketch or some photos would help. Are you sure you have all the in's and out's the right way around?
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070