Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skype Help

Default Skype Help

Just tried to use Skype after some months but it is dead. I am running Win10 and a Logitech C625 Webcam.

Have checked in Device Manager and says it is running ok. Perhaps some of the windows automatic updates have upset things. OS build 17134.78. Any suggestions please.?

Default Re: Skype Help

Open task manager and turn it off. You may find you have to use the app version from the start menu, The older version has been discontinued.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA3...indows-desktop

To test the Cam, type Cam into the search, open it, see if it picks up the camera or not.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 27-05-2018 at 02:40 PM.

I have just uninstalled/reinstalled Skype with the latest edition and now of course I have a blank canvas. Should have saved my contacts. DUH.

I have to start from scratch now and it is a long time since I installed skype. It should be easy but nothing is happening at this stage. The old brain isn't as fast as it used to be.

Your Contacts list is held by Skype out there, I thought, not in your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by rumpty View Post
    Your Contacts list is held by Skype out there, I thought, not in your computer.
    Thanks. You are probably correct. I just have to get the dam thing working again.
    It's not detecting my Logitech Webcam so I don't know what is going on at present.

Did you not read post #2

Quote Originally Posted by Driftwood View Post
    Did you not read post #2
    Of course I read ii. I always appreciate the help of wainui. Doesn't alter fact that I can still not get it to work.

Our contacts came across ok, except for the most important one ! our son's no longer there.

Notice each time W10 updates, there is always sometmhing that needs straightning out, desktop icons now take their time to refresh and W7 games always need to be re-loaded.

lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pato View Post
    Thanks. You are probably correct. I just have to get the dam thing working again.
    It's not detecting my Logitech Webcam so I don't know what is going on at present.
    Pato, here is what I did. Downloaded a driver for my Logitech 9000 camera from their website, (13.80), installed it, just the driver, unticked the other stuff.

But the Skype app that W10 comes with kept telling me that the camera was in use by another application, but I couldn't find anything in Task Manager. Checked here and there, rebooted, but still had the message that the camera was already in use.

Right, uninstalled W10s built in Skype, downloaded Skype Portable, the installer that is, from portableapps.com and installed that. All good, it works, sees my camera, and Skype is the familiar one with all the old setting options. 7.41.0.101. I have used the Skype portable version for years - Skype needs a bit of confining!

Thanks rumpty I appreciate your help and suggestions. It is annoying because skype was working perfectly previously and stopped without any input from me.