Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Since Windows 10 I joined the test team of Microsoft, but I was never asked ....

Yesterday I was forced to upgrade Windows 10 to Version 1803 and again I was "choosen" as Windows-tester. I have not asked for this job but it seems that I am too lucky in this test-roulette. As long I have Windows 10 on my PCīs I never was forced to use so much time to run this pcīs without troubles. My PC is just a tool for me and mainly I use the Office programms. Yesterday after the "update" of Win 10, my Brother printer are not working with the WiFi connection. Again I couldnīt finish my work because of nonsens problems.... I am really so rid of this.....

Default Re: Since Windows 10 I joined the test team of Microsoft, but I was never asked ....

What model Brother printer?? I have a HL-1440 that I can't install the drivers under the current versions of Win 10 preview.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Default Re: Since Windows 10 I joined the test team of Microsoft, but I was never asked ....

Just a whinge? or venting steam , thats OK

do you want some help.
    What printer
    try uninstalling , check brother website for new software, reinstall
    try via USB or network cable .
    try giving the printer a static IP & use that IP as the port in the printer Win config (a bit tricker but sometimes fixes the issue)

Some HP printers also have issues after major Win10 updates .

Since having a stroke in 2012 my ability to understand computers has taken a dive. Cognitive ability I think it is called? I had to stop looking after my small pool of people who relied on me for smooth operating systems, program installations, hardware upgrades etc. etc.

Since then, all I want Windows to do, is to just be there on my laptop for my photo and video editing programs to run from it. I mostly browse the net from my tablet, I play video and music on my Panasonic player through a Sony 5.1 stereo. I occasionally use internet for surfing and program updates/upgrades and so on.

I have absolutely no ability or want to use all the wonderful new features that now come out every 6 months. I do not begrudge you guys and gals getting excited about it. Had I not had a problem I probably would have been in the same place.

All I want from Windows is security upgrades. Is this to much to ask?

My rant... Ken

The version mentioned 1803, is more than likely NOT a test version, that's the date it was signed off, its the public release. What's the actual build number, that's what you go by ? The Public release is Build 17134.48.

The "testing" versions are insider builds, these wont come through unless you manually change the settings to allow them. The Current "testing" build is 17672.1000.

If its a Testing version, please post a screen shot of the watermark --- The expiry date is also 15/12/2018.

Any indications relating to the insider builds in 17134 are not meant to be there and are non functional.

The printing Via wifi -- that's a common problem after most upgrades, they simply just need to be reset.

Failing that you need to supply a lot more information on what you have, no one can see, only you can and guess work is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post

My rant... Ken
    Yes thats too much to expect now, those days are long gone .
    Instead we get MS delivering crap games and unwanted apps as part of the 'updates' .
    People just want an issue free experience rather than 6 monthly 3Gb build updates . MS knows best .

My Rant

I have absolutely no ability or want to use all the wonderful new features that now come out every 6 months.

My rant... Ken
    You can, BUT (there's always a BUT) You have to have the Pro version. That's why you pay a little extra for pro, you can have the options of complete control on just about everything.

The cut down ( & cheaper) Home doesn't have the options.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Updates.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	8848

Ta, WT, food for thought for the new laptop I hope to buy later in the year.

Ken

. Cognitive ability I think it is called?
    non-amnestic Cognitive Impairment.

Difficulty making decisions, planning steps to accomplish a task or interpreting instructions.

I forget the exact medical term, but husband has it. Years of damage by hypos, although stroke can do it too.
    Ex-pctek

You got it, that is exactly what happens ..... Cognitive dysfunction is another term.

Ken