Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Random freeze & problem with rebooting

Hello guys, my problems started yesterday. While browsing internet mouse n keyboard froze, so i rebooted and my cpu was shutting down and turning on all by itself several times and suddenly monitor went black and several rows of "spades symbol" appeared at the bottom of my monitor screen. Afterwards pc booted normally n i could use pc for few hours until mouse/keyboard froze again. I rebooted again hoping it would turn on but cpu kept shutting down/turning on and monitor could not connect to cpu showing " hdmi input signal not found" error. So i manually turned cpu off.
    After an hour of break i booted my pc and it was working fine for several hours until mouse/ keyboard froze again.
    I've checked all drivers/ updates. Scanned my pc ( found some malware removed them), done few other things related to power saving issues. But nothing is helping! What is actually wrong with my pc? Is it hardware/ software issue? Is my pc hacked? Please help, my pc has many important works nd client projects.I'm using windows 10 pro 64 bit.
    Last edited by ShippedAway; 08-05-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Default Re: Random freeze & problem with rebooting

What browser?? If it keeps shutting down, the CPU maybe overheating. And what version of windows 10 is it ?? The latest 1803 has caused probs on some computers

And whats the specs of this system?? Is it Intel? AMD? Nvidia drivers if you're using an Nvidia videocard, one of the drivers, caused loops.

I think Nvidia have released an update to fix this

Yes, it can be so many things.
    I get the odd random freeze
    First I'd check you CPU fan to make sure its not clogged up with dust.
    Second I would not do anything radical or major.
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Yes, it can be so many things.
    I get the odd random freeze
    First I'd check you CPU fan to make sure its not clogged up with dust.
    Second I would not do anything radical or major.
    I have check my CPU fan an hour ago, it was a bit dusty i cleaned it. But my pc isn't turning on at all now. It's been over 12 hour i gave my pc rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
    What browser?? If it keeps shutting down, the CPU maybe overheating. And what version of windows 10 is it ?? The latest 1803 has caused probs on some computers

And whats the specs of this system?? Is it Intel? AMD? Nvidia drivers if you're using an Nvidia videocard, one of the drivers, caused loops.

I think Nvidia have released an update to fix this
    I mostly use mozilla firefox. After i submitted my problem here i couldn't turn my pc on at all (monitor hdmi no signal error, and cpu auto shutdown problem). I'm not sure about the windows version. Can't even check now . It may be 1803.
    My system specs are:
    Intel processor core i5 6500 3.2Ghz 6mb cache

Gpu- Nvidia Geforce Gtx n750ti ( i updated driver yesterday before posting here and cpu worked for an hour or two after the update)

Ram- 8gb

Motherboard- gigabyte GA-h170m-d3hddr4 lga1151

When you pres the power button does anything happen at all, lights, fan turn on? If not could be a dead Power supply

[QUOTE=ShippedAway;1276352
    "spades symbol" appeared at the bottom of my monitor screen. [/QUOTE]

heck, its been so many years since Ive seen that happening on a PC

You need to be accurate & more informative with what youre telling us.
    If we have to guess what youre describing you wont get usefull answers
    As above, is it 100% dead, no fans, no lights ? Does it turn on then off straight away ?

Yes, its hardware.
    Could be failing : Power supply, RAM, motherboard , video card , broken USB port (unlikely) etc
    You'll need to swap parts to track down the cause : not really practical for a home user
    If it wont turn on, best guess would be power supply or motherboard(less likely)

Try reseating the RAM, or move the RAM to another slot. Probably wont help but its worth a try.
    If you motherboard also has onboard video, remove the Graphics card & try onboard vid port.
    Remove the video card regardless & see if it then turns on & stays on (it may beep a few times because of no vid)

Disconnect the hard drive untill its more stable. You dont want to risk coruption from these ongoing issues while testing things
    Last edited by 1101; 09-05-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    When you pres the power button does anything happen at all, lights, fan turn on? If not could be a dead Power supply
    Yes, when i press the button it lights up as usual, and i hear the fan moving and the sounds that usually comes up. But then after few seconds, it all goes OFF, and then it turns on automatically and then again it turns off, like a loop.

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    heck, its been so many years since Ive seen that happening on a PC

You need to be accurate & more informative with what youre telling us.
    If we have to guess what youre describing you wont get usefull answers
    As above, is it 100% dead, no fans, no lights ? Does it turn on then off straight away ?

Yes, its hardware.
    Could be failing : Power supply, RAM, motherboard , video card , broken USB port (unlikely) etc
    You'll need to swap parts to track down the cause : not really practical for a home user
    If it wont turn on, best guess would be power supply or motherboard(less likely)

Try reseating the RAM, or move the RAM to another slot. Probably wont help but its worth a try.
    If you motherboard also has onboard video, remove the Graphics card & try onboard vid port.
    Remove the video card regardless & see if it then turns on & stays on (it may beep a few times because of no vid)

Disconnect the hard drive untill its more stable. You dont want to risk coruption from these ongoing issues while testing things
    Sorry i tried my best to describe what's happening. It's not 100% dead which confuses me even more. After pressing start button on cpu, the lights, fan everything turns on like usual, but the monitor/mouse/keyboard doesn't work, after few seconds of turning on the cpu it shuts down automatically and again turns on auto and it keeps happening like a loop until i manually turn UPS off to turn off the cpu. [ Holding the start button doesn't work to shut it down after loop starts]
    I will try to do the steps you mentioned and will reply again.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippedAway View Post
    Sorry i tried my best to describe what's happening. It's not 100% dead which confuses me even more. After pressing start button on cpu, the lights, fan everything turns on like usual, but the monitor/mouse/keyboard doesn't work, after few seconds of turning on the cpu it shuts down automatically and again turns on auto and it keeps happening like a loop until i manually turn UPS off to turn off the cpu. [ Holding the start button doesn't work to shut it down after loop starts]
    I will try to do the steps you mentioned and will reply again.
    You wouldn't have the PSU and the CPU confused by some chance would you?
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.