Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Random freeze & problem with rebooting

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    This is why you need to take it to a Service Repairer in what ever city you are located. Unless you have spare parts you can change out to test it could get very expensive by trial and error.

Going by your description there's 4 main components that may have failed.

Experienced guess --- in order.

1. Power Supply 2. Memory 3. Motherboard 4. CPU ( but doubt it, very uncommon)

Note: Ive excluded the GPU as you have said the problem was there without it.

There could be some other problem causing it, BUT the easiest ones are the PSU & Memory. If that's changed (one at a time) and it fires up and runs OK that's a good indicator of the problem.

To test the Memory you can download and run Memtest86 from a CD (under Windows downloads) https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

When you boot from the media you created and run the test if it turns red the memory has failed, tests can take over night or seconds. Last one I did on a customers PC with 16GB memory, ran for approx. 4 seconds then WHAM!!
    I sent my PC to a repair shop, they could run the PC but they haven't used it to the point when it hangs. So they are claiming my PC is alright but i know it isn't.
    Once i receive it, i will run the memory test as you asked.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippedAway View Post
    I sent my PC to a repair shop, they could run the PC but they haven't used it to the point when it hangs. So they are claiming my PC is alright but i know it isn't.
    Once i receive it, i will run the memory test as you asked.
    Hang on !!!! ---- You mentioned its rebooting on startup in a sort of consistent fault.

I removed the GPU, booted the PC then the old problem started. CPU gets shut down, and turns on by itself where the monitor and other peripherals do not get connection.
    I inserted the GPU again and booted and saw same problem.
    I inserted HDD lastly, and booted and same problem.
    "If" it does it again right away when it returns then the repair shop are a bunch of cowboys, or there is something external causing the problem. "Could" also be a actual power problem in your house.

Years ago when I put a UPS power Supply in a customers place as the computer kept failing but OK in my workshop, it went nuts with power spikes the moment I plugged it in.Thought it may have been faulty, so put in the spare I had, did the same thing. In the end an electrician was called and he said the wiring in the house was really BAD and needed replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Hang on !!!! ---- You mentioned its rebooting on startup in a sort of consistent fault.

"If" it does it again right away when it returns then the repair shop are a bunch of cowboys, or there is something external causing the problem. "Could" also be a actual power problem in your house.

Years ago when I put a UPS power Supply in a customers place as the computer kept failing but OK in my workshop, it went nuts with power spikes the moment I plugged it in.Thought it may have been faulty, so put in the spare I had, did the same thing. In the end an electrician was called and he said the wiring in the house was really BAD and needed replacing.
    My dad and I run laptops too in the house, if power was the case i think they would act up as well?
    I could still call up an electrician and check the wiring. :/
    But my mouse/keyboard shouldn't really hang due to power issues in the house, should it? :S

Quote Originally Posted by ShippedAway View Post
    My dad and I run laptops too in the house, if power was the case i think they would act up as well?
    I could still call up an electrician and check the wiring. :/
    But my mouse/keyboard shouldn't really hang due to power issues in the house, should it? :S
    It may very well not be a power related (Wiring) problem, just throwing out possible causes.

The only reason I mentioned power is if the Computer works OK in a repair shop, BUT plays up the moment you get it home ( or hasn't changed) there's either something at your house causing the problem OR a intermittent fault that when the PC is moved causes it to work / Not work again.

Laptops are different, they have their own batteries as well as the power cord. The adapter in the Laptops power cord is really a transformer that knocks the power down. Try putting 230 Volts into a Computer /Laptop and see what happens.