Default Officejet 7510 printhead error

Hi folks,
    We have a Officejet 7510 wide format printer with a Printhead error 0xc19a0041. Itís 13 months old, so HP rattled off the fixes that are on their support site, most of which I tried before calling. They didn't fix the error.

Not to be confused with the 7510 photosmart which has a lever to remove the printhead. This model does not.

What weíve tried-
    Pull the power plug from the back with the unit on, remove power plug from wall. Remove USB cable. Wait a couple of minutes, power back on. Removed ink, cleaned contacts, etc. So everything HP and HP forums suggested. Also tried a firmware update, but that failed stating the printer was busy.

Any other suggestions? I canít see any logical way of removing the printhead to clean it, but I suspect thatís the last thing to try before writing it off as a dud. This problem seemed to happen to others between 12-18 months after purchase so theyíre up the creek with it out of warranty, and itís not exactly a $40 cheapie printer.

Default Re: Officejet 7510 printhead error

Quote the CGA to them they won't like it a printer should last longer than that

a few things to try, clutching at straws though
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet...d/td-p/6172384

not looking good . May be a non replaceable part
    But, If its non replaceable, HP wont be able to claim its a "consumable & not covered under warranty"

Go back to the retailer you bought it from & tell them under the CGA 13months is not acceptable to be out of warranty
    It will be up to the retailer to sort it out with HP.

I got brave and removed the screws and was able to move the head up enough to clean it, but still no luck.
    My mistake, I double checked the invoice date and it was purchased March 2016, not last year. Time flies. Still, looks like a doorstop for this one.
    Any other A3 capable printers worth looking at? I don't think I'd chance another HP.

Any ideas on what that error actually means?

Maybe the print head isn't returning to its home position, so maybe something is blocking it from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Quote the CGA to them they won't like it a printer should last longer than that
    You can't to HP themselves. They are not in NZ>

You can try that with the retailer, HPs are known for it, and if the printhead has failed, it's all over.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Any ideas on what that error actually means?

Maybe the print head isn't returning to its home position, so maybe something is blocking it from doing so.
    Can't seem to find out what the error code means, it doesn't always display it on the LCD panel. Other times it says There's a problem with the Print Head and there's no code.

The head seems to be moving ok, no strange noises or anything. Looks like its a common issue with these HPs.

Looks like that printer is end of life now.
    https://store.emprgroup.co.nz/hpc-95...er-series.aspx

I saw a replacement printer for the other 7510 (google), that was US$88 . So replacement printhead really isnt worth the cost
    And even then , no guarantee replacing printhead will solve the issue. Thats a mistake you only make once (learnt the hard way)

It could also be the cable to printhead or the motherboard thats gone faulty .
    It may be something you wont be able to fix at home , and if you take it to a HP service agent chances are they will just write it off (by quoting a ridiculous repair price)

May be time to move on & just replace that printer .
    You could try you luck with retailer/importer quoting CGA, but they will resist every step of the way . It may not be worth the time & stress involved .