Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Garden waste collection

What a joke. I decided to bin (bin - geddit?) Greenfingers, so I sent them an email via the website which will probably never be read. So I phoned them - sales, not customer service (different numbers) and appeared to get through to exactly the same place, i.e. "look at the website", or hold, with no response at all. I've told them in the email to remove the bin at the next collection (this Friday, in theory), but I'll bet I still have it in six month's time. They sent me an invoice last week that was a dodgy PDF (only 228 bytes), so they've no chance there either.

Currently planning to go with Waste Management.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Quote Originally Posted by coldot View Post
    But their online calendar is not updated for Statutory holidays. Can't be all that difficult to add in S/H dates.
    Like bk T, I used Sunshine Bags. Since the acquisition by Waste Management, the reliability has dramatically increased - Sunshine never really adhered to any timetable. However, the recent spate of stat hols has impacted on WM's reliability. I agree with coldot how difficult is it to factor in stat hols?
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    Like bk T, I used Sunshine Bags. Since the acquisition by Waste Management, the reliability has dramatically increased - Sunshine never really adhered to any timetable. However, the recent spate of stat hols has impacted on WM's reliability. I agree with coldot how difficult is it to factor in stat hols?
    When I phoned them this morning there was an announcement saying that collections would be late because of Easter. Not the same thing as the online calendar, but at least they do not leave you totally in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Currently planning to go with Waste Management.
    Used them for all the 5 years I was with my ex. Never had a complaint or problem. They even took an oooold huge CRT TV away for us for just a quick $20.

Can't comment on their prices cos I don't know, but they are reliable, year in year out.
    Bugger the cancer. I'm suffering from terminal inertia.

I must record a defence of Greenfingers (Auckland). I have used them for many years now. There has been the occasional hiccup but overall I have found them to be very satisfactory. I quite regularly contact them to add extra bin /and or bags to my standard order of empty 1 bin.
    They have always been very helpful -both web and phone.
    My biggest "whinge" is the layout of their statements (and i am a qualified accountant) -very hard to interpret.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    I must record a defence of Greenfingers (Auckland). I have used them for many years now. There has been the occasional hiccup but overall I have found them to be very satisfactory. I quite regularly contact them to add extra bin /and or bags to my standard order of empty 1 bin.
    They have always been very helpful -both web and phone.
    My biggest "whinge" is the layout of their statements (and i am a qualified accountant) -very hard to interpret.
    I used to be happy with Greenfingers but they have completely turned to custard. They never collect on time, and I don't know when you last communicated with them but these days it seems impossible. The most recent invoice they sent me was a corrupted file and they haven't responded to my request for a replacement. I've just given up.

I've cancelled Greenfingers and signed up with Waste Management. I actually snail-mailed Greenfingers to cancel as they appear to ignore all emails, and eventually got an email acknowledging the cancellation - whether in response to the email or the letter I don't know. Either way I was pretty blunt about why I was cancelling, and the email response ended with "Thank you for recycling your waste with us. We hope you have enjoyed our service over the years." Clearly a totally automated reply.
    The Waste management signup was painless, and it is cheaper than Greenfingers too. The only thing was that there is nowhere that tells you when your first collection will be. I phoned them and I was told that once the application was processed I'd get an email notification. I pointed out that it would save everyone time if there was some indication of that during the online signup, to which I got the response "Oh yes, that might be a good idea..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I've cancelled Greenfingers and signed up with Waste Management. "
    Hmm. I used them once for rubbish. before the councils bins...

It was abysmal and I had to go to Visa to get my refund too.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Hmm. I used them once for rubbish. before the councils bins...

It was abysmal and I had to go to Visa to get my refund too.
    Which? Greenfingers or Waste Management? If it is WM, then maybe I don't want to know...

I signed up with Waste Management, and they've made a fairly good start. The scheduled first pickup was this morning, and sure enough it has just happened. They did leave the bin open and on its side, but I'll suspend judgement about that. Greenfingers on the other hand still haven't collected their empty bin even though I cancelled the contract a couple of weeks ago and they said they would collect it last week.