Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swollen legs

VoidMaster

Default Re: Swollen legs

Duplicate post
    Last edited by zqwerty; 07-04-2018 at 11:00 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

VoidMaster

Mum's was the blocking type so her blood was being thinned to try to prevent clotting in her brain, she always felt cold after commencing the treatment.

I saw the Xrays of Mum's brain after the stroke and it was possible to see what looked like large isthmuses of dead tissue on the outer parts of her brain from the previous TIA's, some were severe some minor blackouts over a period of about 7 years.

Her last ten days she just starved and thirsted to death as all fluids and sustenance were withdrawn and kept under with morphine, no "death with dignity" for poor Mum who was quite involved in the Euthanasia Society.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 07-04-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blimmin heck! I've heard a lot of lousy stories about some unfortunate folks' last days in a hospice from my brother who did a lot of caregiving. Your poor mum's story ain't uncommon. What a terribly shoddy way to suffer. So sorry to hear that zqwerty.
    Bugger the cancer. I'm suffering from terminal inertia.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I've heard a lot of lousy stories about some unfortunate folks' last days in a hospice from my brother who did a lot of caregiving. .
    You sure he meant hospices Greg and not old peoples homes? Big difference.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    You sure he meant hospices Greg and not old peoples homes? Big difference.
    Yes:

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    the Hospice was very hot and dry

VoidMaster

The old peoples home is where the problems of TIA's really stared taking over, that was the air-conditioning problem, then she moved to a hospice after more TIA's and then had the final major stroke there, rushed into ChCh Hospital where she died after 10 days of lingering, she was quite physically healthy having always been aware of the importance of good diet and exercise that's why she lasted so long, 92 years.

I am 84, and suffer from swollen legs and feet. I take Bendrofluazide which is a diuretic, it also lowers the blood pressure which means that I can cut down on other blood pressure medicine. I have found that a lot of Arabica coffee, black, no sugar, also tea help. I have cut out milk and sugar. Cheese and Yogurt are Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by mzee View Post
    I have found that a lot of Arabica coffee, black, no sugar, also tea help. I have cut out milk and sugar.
    I have my coffee the opposite. Its gotta taste strong, without being too strong, ie not bitter. Currently drinking Macconna brand.

I must have it sweet - 1 tsp honey & 1 tsp sugar. And its gotta be creamy. Double or clotted cream is best, which I don't always have leftover, but I always have at least regular pure cream in the fridge. Worst case scenario is using canned whipped cream which I keep as a reserve.