Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cellpone Problem

Hi All. I have a telecom cellphone, ZTE Blade A462. Has been working well from new. It seems I may have done something wrong. When I text my Daughter, especially with a longish text, It wont "Send" Jus sits there sending. It says it is sending SMS not text. What is wrong. Thanks. PJ
    Deafness.
    When I was younger I heard but didn't listen.
    Now I am older, I listen but cannot hear.

If it is not broke, don't make it broker by trying to make it better. (This applies specifically to PJ)

Default Re: Cellpone Problem

SMS stands for Small Message Service or text. Can people send you text and if so can you reply?? I wonder if the SMS send address has somehow been changed on the phone.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

There are 2 scenarios :

Unable to send text messages to a specific contact, but can send messages to other contacts

If there is only one contact you're unable to send any text messages to, the problem very likely your network provider and not your device. Please contact your network operator for service status updates.

Unable to send text messages to any of the contacts

If you're unable to send any SMS (text) messages to any contacts, try checking your network operator's message centre number stored in your device's settings. It is either missing or incorrect.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    There are 2 scenarios :

Unable to send text messages to a specific contact, but can send messages to other contacts

If there is only one contact you're unable to send any text messages to, the problem very likely your network provider and not your device. Please contact your network operator for service status updates.

Unable to send text messages to any of the contacts

If you're unable to send any SMS (text) messages to any contacts, try checking your network operator's message centre number stored in your device's settings. It is either missing or incorrect.
    Hi Piroska. It is the first option. From what you said SMS is normal for texting. There were some other letters that caame up when I tried to snd texts. Was it something like MM# or like that. it has happened before when texting to Katikati. Can you explain further what I am lookig for. Thanks. PJ

PS IT was Multimedia Message. PJ
    Deafness.

If it is not broke, don't make it broker by trying to make it better. (This applies specifically to PJ)

OK. MMS is different to SMS as it uses cellular dater to send the picture and text info. It may be that you have cell data turned off but using WiFi for normal internet stuff or it could be that the data APN (Access point Name) has been changed..
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

No guarantee that MMS will work but they are happy to charge you for it, you need credit to send them, data not required.

There are better, cheaper, internet ways to send messages with media, Viber, WhatsApp, LINE, Skype, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    No guarantee that MMS will work but they are happy to charge you for it, you need credit to send them, data not required.

There are better, cheaper, internet ways to send messages with media, Viber, WhatsApp, LINE, Skype, etc.
    Hi. I dont want MMS. I only want texting. For thiss I pay Telecom $10 per month. If this MMS has been used it would explain why I have run out of the $10 for the last two months. Can ypu tell me how to srop MMS? PJ
    Deafness.

If you add attachments and videos, they will be MMS, If it's just normal txt (SMS) then it should by default use SMS.

I've looked through the Messaging app but nothing specific about making MMS or SMS as default, so it'll depend on what you add to your messages.

As for failing, that could just be a signal strength issue or your plan does not give you free unlimited txts so you may be paying for each message (200? characters long per message) and have no credit left or txts left.

Have a read here. May be of some help for you.

http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/ti...-too-large-32/
    Ever stop to think, and forgot to start again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    If you add attachments and videos, they will be MMS, If it's just normal txt (SMS) then it should by default use SMS.

I've looked through the Messaging app but nothing specific about making MMS or SMS as default, so it'll depend on what you add to your messages.

As for failing, that could just be a signal strength issue or your plan does not give you free unlimited txts so you may be paying for each message (200? characters long per message) and have no credit left or txts left.
    The only non text item I put at the nd of a message is a smiley icon, no pics at all. I wonder if that is the problem. PJ
    Deafness.