Hello Wainuitech - think it is

Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5

Supports New Generation AMD Ryzen™ Processors
    Fast 4 USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-C™ and Type-A
    2-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable™ Design
    NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 U.2 Connector
    Ultra-Fast PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with PCIe NVMe & SATA mode support
    Creative® Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 support
    Dual ALC 1220 with Front & Rear 120dB SNR HD Audio with Dual Smart Headphone Amps
    Killer™ E2500 Gaming Network + Intel® Gigabit LAN
    USB DAC-UP 2 & 4 Front USB 3.0 Ports with Adjustable Voltage
    RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone LED Light Show design
    Swappable Overlay for Accent LED
    Smart Fan 5 features 9 Temperature Sensors and 8 Hybrid Fan Headers
    That is a AMD motherboard. You have listed an Intel 8700 CPU right? The 8 series Intel Coffee Lake CPU require the newer 300 series motherboards.

Having built a system. It depends on how much emphasis is on gaming. I've read reviews about the Ryzen 2200/2400G with the inbuilt (free) video card and it does games OK but at a higher setting that you get with a dedicated video card. If this was a homework computer and some after school / weekend casual gaming without the parents need to fork out a video card. You can certainly play games at maybe a 720 resolution. I also know some family who just got a HP computer and they can also play but they are not so technical with computers. If you want a real gaming machine the Intel i7 8700k with a dedicated video card is the way to go .....

I myself not into much games now, so I maybe go with a Ryzen 7 as it is easier than swapping out everything so my photography processing is a bit quicker. Or maybe I could swap it all out again.
    Last edited by Nomad; 28-04-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Wanderer

Default Re: Help with Gaming Box from PBtech

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Kind a missing one important Item in the list --THE MOTHERBOARD ??
    Power Supply included?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    That is a AMD motherboard. You have listed an Intel 8700 CPU right? The 8 series Intel Coffee Lake CPU require the newer 300 series motherboards.
    Yep an AMD board and a Intel CPU aint gonna fly

The Newer 8 Series Coffee Lakes, as Nomad points out need different boards. While the Socket is still the same as the older series 7, The Series 7 CPU's WONT work. Same as the Newer Series 8 CPU, while it will fit in a Series 7 Board, again it wont work.

Got the memo from one of my suppliers, explains it all. NOTE: The V2 mentioned is NOT from all suppliers or shops, its ONLY from this Supplier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	memo.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	8797
    Last edited by wainuitech; 28-04-2018 at 04:55 PM.

I'm guessing the pb tech link has changed based on these comments, as it's only missing storage when I look at it now and is all good choices, a solid gaming rig. I'd happily buy it myself if I was looking.

I can't comment on their after sales service, I've only dealt with the Hamilton branch and never had any issues with them but I've never needed to return anything. Well except a hard drive that was almost out of warranty that they just swapped for a new one.

However I can agree that both computer lounge and pp.co.nz give excellent service and support.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    I'm guessing the pb tech link has changed based on these comments, as it's only missing storage when I look at it now and is all good choices, a solid gaming rig. I'd happily buy it myself if I was looking.

I can't comment on their after sales service, I've only dealt with the Hamilton branch and never had any issues with them but I've never needed to return anything. Well except a hard drive that was almost out of warranty that they just swapped for a new one.

However I can agree that both computer lounge and pp.co.nz give excellent service and support.
    Thanks heaps for the feedback - I must admit when i have gone back to the Wellington PBtech guys, they always been ok if I have had a problem.