Default Vodafone Cable TV

Anyone on this, and if so do you have any trouble with Pixelation or any other reception problems?.

Default Re: Vodafone Cable TV

We have two decoders on Vodafone TV. Sometimes there's a flash of green Pixelation on the bottom 1/3rd of the screen, may last a second or two, but not very often. When it happens its not always on both. No other problems at all.

When we had the actual Sky TV subscription that was worse.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

That is interesting. We have been getting this Pixelation for some time and when you contact Vodafone they advise to reboot the modem and the digital box. Why this is requested is beyond me
    because it doesn't seem to fix the problem. It appears their solution is to change the box. I was toying with the idea of looking at Sky TV but you have answered that suggestion. We get this on a lot of channels and on a lot of programs that we have recorded. Have you got an opinion as to why this should happen.? As it is cable it can't be atmospheric so I wonder what is causing it. Someone suggested that with the switching on/off of the box
    it may be a faulty power supply.?

Not to sure why its happening.

One thing that was interesting though is when the guy from Chorus put in the second decoder, ( which saved us $60 /Month) when talking he made the comment that if one decoder loses the signal /programs it doesn't mean the other will, unless there's a overall break in the line / Outage.

Look at it as two different signals coming through the same connection, its got one cable from the street to the house, from the box on the outside of the house, there's 3 connections, one for the TV going to a splitter (for the two TV's), then another for the Phones, and a third for the Internet, all carrying different signals.

We did ( several years ago) have the original decoder go pixel and sometimes lock up, esp when playing a recording, they changed the Decoder stating the HDD was failing ( makes sense).

When they put in the second Decoder he was saying that ALL the decoders are going to be changed out at some point to a newer better version.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 28-12-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post

When they put in the second Decoder he was saying that ALL the decoders are going to be changed out at some point to a newer better version.
    When did they put in your second Decoder.?

I guess we will just have to wait and see if an upgraded Decoder will solve the problem. It annoys me that when they change a Decoder you have to loose all the recorded programs.

Surely they could copy them to the replacement but I guess it is a time/cost situation.

After meaningful discussion with SWMBO Re the decoder change We came to a time frame of approx 8-10 months ago. I remember the guy saying the new ones were meant to be out in February ( this year 2017) for the techs to test BUT still no sign of them.

Know what you mean about recorded programs on the one in the other lounge I got so many programs to watch, and on the main one we are only just catching up with Family Feud -- Up to the start of November -- SWMBO has so many unwatched medical programs recorded its not funny.

Well lets hope that Vodafone do come up with a replacement within a reasonable time and that it is an improvement on what we have got a present.