Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BBQ

Default BBQ

Time for a new one. Going to spend a bit more then the usual bunning or warehouse job. Never been satisfied with what I have had. Charcoal is not an option as my patients doesnít stretch the far. Anyone got any experience with high end grills? Pretty much got one in mind. But great to heat other options
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

Default Re: BBQ

We prefer wood BBQs - but the thing to have these days it seems is Weber, who do both charcoal and gas ones.

Quote Originally Posted by plod View Post
    Time for a new one. Going to spend a bit more then the usual bunning or warehouse job. Never been satisfied with what I have had. Charcoal is not an option as my patients doesn’t stretch the far. Anyone got any experience with high end grills? Pretty much got one in mind. But great to heat other options
    Are you a Doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Are you a Doctor?
    Haha. Nope. Just terrible with spelling and grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    We prefer wood BBQs - but the thing to have these days it seems is Weber, who do both charcoal and gas ones.
    Yeah looked at the Weber Q. Which looked great, great reviews. But also limited to be buying Weber acccesories. Iím actually looking at the Weber Genesis series

Time for a new one. Going to spend a bit more then the usual bunning or warehouse job. Never been satisfied with what I have had. Charcoal is not an option as my patients doesn’t stretch the far. Anyone got any experience with high end grills? Pretty much got one in mind. But great to heat other options
    I know what you mean, My dragon bought one from Kmart, a monstrosity, 6 burner, side plate and burner and acres of cheap Chinese stainless steel. Looks like a million dollars but the ******* thing does not put out enough heat from the burners. Thought about drilling out the jets for the LPG burners. So we end up still using our BBQ factory Backyard 2 burner out of my camper bus, picked it up off the side of the road when we had inorganic collections. Life is too short for **** BBQs get a Weber.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Can let ya know later, new toy, we got the WeberQ Q3200 just last night from BBQ & Fire, (next to Repo - by The warehouse) We got the Red simply to break to black color of everything else.

The guy said they had sold 5 yesterday to people in Wainui that day, put it together today now just waiting for dinner time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0815 (Large).jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	8567
    Last edited by wainuitech; 23-12-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Can let ya know later, new toy, we got the WeberQ Q3200 just last night from BBQ & Fire, (next to Repo - by The warehouse) We got the Red simply to break to black color of everything else.The guy said they had sold 5 yesterday to people in Wainui that day, put it together today now just waiting for dinner time.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0815 (Large).jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	8567
    please do Wayne. This was my first choice. But talking myself into one of the Weber Genesis2. Been back and forward there for a week now trying to make a decision

please do Wayne. This was my first choice. But talking myself into one of the Weber Genesis2. Been back and forward there for a week now trying to make a decision
    Well even having a few drinkies - Hey still have to finish off ALL the bottles we got in duty Free last month

The heat as PLENTY hot enough, HEAPS to spare. In the Instructions or "hints as I liked to call them ( yes decided to read them, and play the Video are being prompted)

After the 10 minute pre-heat - the Steaks were , Kebabs - Actually were nice this time, and sausages - not burnt and quite juicy. Will take a little bit of practice to get them right as with the weberQ you have to have the lid down as it acts more like an oven, not like an open BBQ.

SWMBO has ideas (Hmmmmm) of doing the roasting options esp a whole chicken, roast dinner.

Our old BBQ was a Masport 6 burner, lasted quite well around 7 -8 years, but this new one is defiantly better.

Cant compare to the other versions, BUT as its been mentioned the reviews are all good. I have seen others who have had like Prefect mentioned - disappointed.

SWMBO decided we needed a flat plate as well, so she got that, as well as the roasting trivet ( read rack) general-accessories/p/weber-roasting-trivet-2/

Plod - Its a wonder you didn't hear me laughing-- She said shes got visions of coming home from work - and me saying I've got dinner all on - roast meal the lot ---- I might like cooking on the BBQ - but got to draw the line somewhere -----------Maybe

NZ Consumer rates the Weber range as the best

"If Fawlty Towers is now being removed by the BBC then humour is dead. The puritans are winning because the establishment is weak and has no self confidence."

Nigel Farage@Nigel_Farage∑ Jun 12