Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Win10 Is a nmassive piece of s***

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    The problem is not the OS but mostly user related .............and not wanting to learn how to use the OS is 3/4 of the problem.

So far there's only ONE person that stands out, B.M. Stated his dislike for Windows 10 and he did something, changed to Linux.
    Yes. Not wanting to care about the thing anymore. Finally, yoyu get the point.
    And BM is cool cause he went Linux, so will I when the time comes.

At present MY OWN computer is doing what I want without interference from anyone. So until I need to change it, it stays as is.
    Doing my sons upgrade showed me that I loathe Win20 and have no interest in continuing down that track.

Gone round in circles now haven't we.

Solved the screen issue. He bought a monitor.

Seemed to have solved the persistent speaker issue. No updates have occurred since the install, so, so far I have succeed in keeping him happy by making it as much a console as possible. And it stays that way. Whether anyone agrees, or likes it or not.

Is it because I rang you, that you now decide I'm and idiot and an ********? I hate it, taking over your win login just because you install a kid game is stupid and annoying.

My opinion remains, and bugger win 10.
    Last edited by piroska; 20-12-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Is it because I rang you, that you now decide I'm and idiot and an ********? I hate it, taking over your win login just because you install a kid game is stupid and annoying.

My opinion remains, and bugger win 10.
    I never said that at all, please point out where I did ??

All I'm saying and it was proven by some verbal instructions, that if a person decides not to keep up with the latest, and where what is, they get lost.

OFTEN people say something cant be done or its been removed when in fact it hasn't been removed its just been relocated.

That's why I get the insider builds, nothing to do with wanting to test out beta software, but to LEARN whats changing, so when it goes public you don't look like a twit and incapable of doing the job people are paying you for, you already KNOW what you have to.

One classic case of that, was a customer last year, they told me they had a certain company in (whom I shall not mention), the customer told me the tech sat there for over 20 minutes doing nothing at all - when asked was he going to do anything, the reply was " I'm waiting for my boss to call to talk me through, I don't know Windows 10 at all"

He was told (so I was informed) to F*** Off and get out the house.

best of luck with another OS.

BTW-- The game you mentioned -- Just Loaded in mine-craft, no Microsoft login required on the actual PC, ONLY sign into the actual game. ( tested on my sons MC account)
    Last edited by wainuitech; 20-12-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    I never said that at all, please point out where I did ??

All I'm saying and it was proven by some verbal instructions, that if a person decides not to keep up with the latest, and where what is, they get lost.
    I don't CARE what anyone else did, does or whatever.
    I got the ****en login business. Perhaps there was a tick box somewhere, I doubt it, but who knows, I expected it to install like it did on my Win7. Keeping the grandkid happy....that was it.....

Keeping the son happy, well he'd go nuts if I left it like that. Not my machine, remember.

I don't even care about the bloody PC. He absolutely did not want Win10 and moaned like hell. I bullied him into to it really.
    He wanted to upgrade. No shop will do an install like I did. Disabling stuff. Nor mess with his other crap sorting it for him.

he plays games, that's it. He doesn't care about how it works and just gets shitty if there is some issue. Or nag screen.

I did not get PAID either. In fact it cost me $34 for the Minecraft (again), $22 for new cables, and $4 for a bracket.

Bet you don't do that for other people.
    SHould I moan? Well he is a relative...so yeah I kind of have to, But remember, any issues or nag screens, it will be MY FAULT. even if it isn't.

Last time I changed his PSU it was my fault, never mind he cooked it with filth. And it was out of warranty by then anywy.

He did not ***** when I told him to buy yet another HDD (space issues) nor when I said the TV is crap, that the issue, buy a monitor.
    He just did.

I know he isn't happy about it but there you go, thats what happens when you upgrade.

So I decide I hate the thing, great. I can. I don't want to spend the rest of my life sorting it for him, or listening to the complaining, or watching it fly out the window.

Nor am I interested in putting it on mine, WHEN I chnage hardware, which is Not Yet.
    I shall do Linux and bugger what anyone thinks of that.

I had offers of help with the learning curve elsewhere and I shall take them up on it.

AT least they don't rave on about how ****ed up I am for making such a decision.

OK, not feeling the love today (or yesterday) here! Deep breathes and walk away if you can't keep it nice.

And I saw someone slander WinME?! I loved that OS , never gave me any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    OK, not feeling the love today (or yesterday) here! Deep breathes and walk away if you can't keep it nice.

And I saw someone slander WinME?! I loved that OS , never gave me any problems.
    I may have done that, and I stand by it

It had a memory leak that was never fixed, if you shut down every day you may not have encountered it.
    Because of that or perhaps other issues it was impossible for it to run stably for more than a couple of days without a restart.

I also had friends that used it for years without issue, but I had continuous issues and abandoned it as soon as possible.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

As for Windows ME, I installed it on a PC once and System Restore was broken out of the box.

Doesn't bode well.
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

$22 for new cables, and $4 for a bracket.

Bet you don't do that for other people.
    Depends, sometimes I do give stuff away.Or don't charge full amounts for items, totally depends on the case by case.

Just a few weeks back, reinstalled a guys laptop after a hard drive partly failed with many bad sectors, spent 3 days off and on working on the drive trying to get data back, but only charged a std service fee. Got most of it back, some was lost.

When taking the laptop back (no travel time) he asked if I had a cable to connect his laptop to the TV, it was an HDMI -- I knew I had some in the car, the shortest I had was 3 Mtrs, I knew he was short on money as it took him two weeks to get enough to pay for a 1TB HDD + 1 hours lab. So when He asked how much, I said -- tell you what -- Make a cuppa and well call it quits -Done deal.

Another job, working last Saturday during the day & Evening, from 8.30am to 11PM, didn't charge even a fraction of the time.

There's No need for so much swearing.

PCUSER;
    As for Windows ME, I installed it on a PC once and System Restore was broken out of the box.

Doesn't bode well.
    ME either worked or it didn't, wasn't really a stable OS by some standards, on saying that SWMBO had a Windows ME, never gave any problems apart from being a bit sluggish.

Life goes on, some people don't want to learn new things some are happy where they are - no big deal, what ever floats their boat

In a 1920s time warp Terry Porritt's Avatar

Windows ME had several useful bits and features you could extract and put into Windows 98 SE to improve SE significantly, can't remember now but think ME defrag was one.

Edit:MS also tried to hide DOS and command from memory. They had started with Win 95 trying to hide DOS but they never really succeeded
    Last edited by Terry Porritt; 20-12-2017 at 07:18 PM.
    Remembering Rich Conaty, 1954 - 2016....."and don't you never forget, rhythm saved the world, Aloha"

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post

I have to say, when my hardware dies, I';m going Linux, bugger this.
    Get a Mac, they're great (I did)

Quote Originally Posted by jcr1 View Post
    Get a Mac, they're great (I did)
    Do you want fries 🍟 with that?

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen