Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    pcsourcepoint

Default Re: Win10 Is a nmassive piece of s***

Imagine if W 10 vanished. Or become corrupted worldwide. Mass panic? Because Wiindows is ubiquitous, it's open - understandably to more criticism, targeted malware attacks, and so on. To me it's a means to and end. I don't care what version it is. I see it as a means to get on the internet. Downside? I had to research a bit, on how to use settings, add time delay to desktop themes, add simple screensaver, use the run commands (e.g. to run winver, snipping tool, etc). And of course read helpful Windows/MS related posts in this forum.

W 10 is a vested interest to many - it has to be - to keep them employed, or to teach others, or as employable skill (along with MS software. I recall 3.1 at work in the '80's - it was a marvel to float those windows, and to move from laborious DOS programs and commands. But surely W 10 (and MS), for it's perceived or real issues, has benefited millions worldwide. if I was a PC tech - my use of W 10 would be vastly different than as a casual user. W 10 suits some more than others...including any issues that arise..
    Last edited by kahawai chaser; 20-12-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)

Quote Originally Posted by KarameaDave View Post
    Just keep digging Dugi
    Nothing you have posted here changes the facts.
    https://www.netmarketshare.com/opera...%22-1000%22%7D

Yep, pesky facts.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    FTFY
    FTW

It didn't need fixing, I think you're the one cherry picking here. I'm talking about desktop OS, show me any data you like that doesn't have MS dominating that market and by a huge margin?
    You can change the criteria if you prefer to see tablets and smartphones, it has those numbers too.

I know windows dominates the desktop market, you know it too. Who's being Specious here?
    Linux only dominates if you start comparing tablets, smartphones, and servers, to desktop computers - a comparison nobody but you is making. We were after all talking about desktop PCs when you went off on your android tangent.

Anyway, I think we are hijacking a bit. Not talking about the merits of windows 10 much now.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Desktop OS is only a fraction of I.T. and you know it,
    but yes, let's get back to the point of the thread
    Windows 10 and its amazing un-usability.
    FTW

Windows 10 and its amazing un-usability.
    I find W10 fills all my needs and is very reliable. It can run for months without crashing.

I see that they are planning some work on the System Tray and maybe the Settings Area.
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    I find W10 fills all my needs and is very reliable. It can run for months without crashing.

I see that they are planning some work on the System Tray and maybe the Settings Area.
    Tell that to pctek's son.
    FTW

Tell that to pctek's son.
    The problem is not the OS but mostly user related and trying to use hardware that isn't capable of working on the newer OS's. Using a windows out of date version, over a Year old, which has had many improvements since then and not wanting to learn how to use the OS is 3/4 of the problem.

I've set up hundreds of W10's, apart from the odd hardware failure, the majority once they decide to learn something if they are unsure are happy. Its the old saying having to much knowledge can sometimes be the worst enemy.

EVERY OS no matter whose it is will give problems, there isn't one yet that is perfect.

Its the same old story - some are keyboard warriors Bleat and moan about something but don't have the guts to actually do something about it.

So far there's only ONE person that stands out, B.M. Stated his dislike for Windows 10 and he did something, changed to Linux.

My Hat off to him for actually doing something he believed in, the rest just cry a river with complaints.

I Personally use both Linux and Windows, I prefer windows as its what I do in my job, Linux doesn't have some of the programs used and have to keep up with the play so at least I'll have the knowledge of what's what, but often fiddle about on Linux as well.

Right at the moment I'm using Linux to clone a HDD. The original drive is on the verge of failing, some of the sectors at the beginning are causing the windows based software not to see the drive, the Linux based does, so I just set it to clone. Worry about repairing it later.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 20-12-2017 at 12:38 PM.

It's horses for courses really.
    Without Windows most users would be a bit lost.
    Without Linux the entire Internet would be a very different place, perhaps.
    None of which really matters, in the wider scheme of things.
    I don't think Linux is perfect, but it suits me most of the time.
    I use Windows sometimes, mostly for Photoshop.

So no more arguing from me today, I have more important stuff to organise
    (Christmas dinner at the in-laws 20+ people SWMBO and I are doing the cooking so off to do the shopping )
    FTW

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post

Its the same old story - some are keyboard warriors Bleat and moan about something but don't have the guts to actually do something about it.

actually many do.
    They choose not to ug to 10, and stay with 7
    They may choose to no longer install Win7 updates, as they didnt want telemetry installed with what should be security & bugfixes only.

The issue many have with 10, is not so much the OS but MS's attitude behind it (admittedly an attitude changing somewhat for the better)