Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Windows 10 fall creators update issues

The update installed for me this morning and it's messed up my displays. I have two monitors, 1 running off the Nvidia GTX980 and the other connected to the onboard intel HD graphics. They are also different panel types, one is a TN and the other an IPS so they've always looked slightly different in colour and contrast. Now however one seems to have much brighter colours and more contrast than the other making it almost seem like there are two different backgrounds.

More importantly the contrast/gamma in my games was way too dark making it impossible to see some of the scenery. I fixed that in the Nvidia control panel by ticking the option to use the Nvidia settings but it hasn't affected the desktop colours at all.
    I had a brief play in the display adapter settings for colour management and couldn't find anything that made a difference, but maybe I need to go untick that Nvidia option first?

Anyway this is more of a heads up and discussion of issues at this point as I haven't had time to have a good go at it myself yet, that'll be after work tonight. Curious to know if others are having problems with the update and hear any possible fixes.
    A quick google this morning and found this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8361925?auth=1 which is really spooky because I could have posted it myself, Nvidia card, LG IPS display, Tried the Nvidia control panel.. only difference is the model of Nvidia card. Will be playing around with this more later on.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Default Re: Windows 10 fall creators update issues

Seen several occasions that the update has caused graphic issues. mind you all have been with ATI Cards. Simply to old and the manufactures dont have any updated compatible drivers for them.

Often during upgrades some graphics can break, sometimes can be fixed by COMPLETELY removing all graphic Drivers ( not just uninstalling using default settings) and reinstalling newer compatible drivers.

Dugi it might be easier to connect them both to the GTX980.

They used to be, but then I bought an Oculus rift and needed an HDMI port to run it so the other monitor got moved to the onboard. In any case it was the 980 having the gamma issues, seems to be fixed by changing the option to use the Nvidia settings so far.
    While I was playing around I adjusted the colour management to make the two screens match better so they look pretty close now.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

The last update I did on W10, on several computers, was a year ago, no problems since. Very stable and fast.

I'm just getting blank screens after four attempts to install and downloads okay and installs and then fails with a blank screens with no clue what this issue or problem is as give no error etc....appreciate any ideas on what to try next and when I eventually press power in restores to previous install by itself....what should I do or try next guys?

Help Help please...

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig Tiger View Post
    I'm just getting blank screens after four attempts to install and downloads okay and installs and then fails with a blank screens with no clue what this issue or problem is as give no error etc....appreciate any ideas on what to try next and when I eventually press power in restores to previous install by itself....what should I do or try next guys?

Help Help please...
    How old is your PC? You could be experiencing a driver incompatibility with the latest Win 10 update. I had a similar experience with an old(ish) desktop - system would freeze at the point of the final reboot of the installation. Power restart simply restored the original Windows version. Problem turned out to be the WiFi adapter card that came with the PC (Acer Aspire 3970). Took out the adapter and installation proceeded to completion. It took some persistence with repeated attempts, eliminating one suspect at a time.

barely two years old ex PB Tech I7 with gtx760 etc....so should I try updating drivers first for graphics? Connected with cat6 direct to router....no wireless...as I can see anything on screens I can't get any clues as to what is wrong....running 2 x WD 1tb and one 3tb seagate internally ...appreciate any help or suggestions in plan of attack as had no expected on such a newish pc...I mean how does find out what the problem is if if don't display any clues.....

My plan of attack would be to eliminate the gtx 760. Does your motherboard have video out you could try? Or is there another vid card you could try?

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig Tiger View Post
    barely two years old ex PB Tech I7 with gtx760 etc....so should I try updating drivers first for graphics.
    yes. Un-install old vid card drivers & software , then
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us