Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Wellington's Ngauranga Gorge speed camera reclaims title as NZ's top ticketer

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    Not hard to adjust your speed if you pay attention,
    AND there is the key words. There are more problems with bad driving habits than speed.

Witnessed a smash in the terrace tunnel last week. Anyone who knows the tunnel, knows it goes from two lanes down to one quite a way back when actually in the tunnel its single lane heading into wellington.
    There's often a queue of traffic either stopped waiting for the lights or slow moving. The traffic was very slow and a queue was forming about half way along the tunnel, at a guess they would have been doing 10km/h if that, the traffic building up behind was slowing, maybe 30km/h, some person didn't even slow down in that queue, WHACK straight up the rear of another - speed had nothing to do with it, it was simply not paying attention, could have been on the phone or something else, who knows.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Default Re: Wellington's Ngauranga Gorge speed camera reclaims title as NZ's top ticketer

If there were no speed cameras , or speed traps etc, I'd certainly be driving faster everywhere

I try and drive at the limit , just because I dont want to get pinged. It does often mean theres a trail of p*ssed of drivers behind me.
    I'd actually prefer to see cams on most traffic lights . Cams that ping red light runners . That would get more revenue .

Instead of fines,for any driving offense, make the person resit their licience within a month or loose it . that would soon make a more of a difference.

Zippity Fan Club Member prefect's Avatar

Its certainly a lot better now days than it was 30 years ago. If you drove 100kph on the motorway then you would be holding up the fast lane. People used to tailgate flash lights toot. But not now you can sit 100kph on the fast lane and its sweet. You can opt out of speeding fines by not speeding and opt in by speeding. Speed kills the faster you go the bigger the smash its simple physics. My other advice watch out for people movers no good ever came from the type of people who drive these.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    watch out for people movers no good ever came from the type of people who drive these.
    Never a truer word spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    My other advice watch out for people movers no good ever came from the type of people who drive these.
    MAN you're not wrong there.

SWMBO was saying she almost got wiped out by one the other morning.

She was in the main flow of traffic, someone came out of the roundabout by the bottom of the hill, and she said he just decided to come across, didn't look, no indicators nothing.

She said had he have looked he would have seen her and the other cars both in front and behind. She said she had a feeling to watch out, she could see him in his side mirrors doing something, but not looking where he was going, so with one eye on the road / car ahead and one on him he just moved, its not like her car is hard to see, its bright red, right beside him, stands out like a sore toe. On the horn and brakes at same time, he swung back in, so she planted it to get past the idiot- and knowing her as I do, would have given the appropriate gesture as well LOL (good girl).

I tell you sometimes peoples cars must be painted with invisible paint, often some people simply move across or pull out in front of others with out looking. This type of action causes more smashes.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 13-10-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    the roundabout by the bottom of the hill

I blame that damn hill for everything that's rotten in the world.

AND there is the key words. There are more problems with bad driving habits than speed.
    And the problem with that comment is you miss the point.
    Like those damn stupid ads on TV where someone else screws up and they say if I had been going faster/slower ....
    But the point is, you may be going fast, confident in your ability and some one else comes along and makes a mistake.

And yes, the faster you go, the bigger the mess. That's a fact.
    No-one ever died crashing at 40kph or such....
    wipe your paws.

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    And the problem with that comment is you miss the point.
    Like those damn stupid ads on TV where someone else screws up and they say if I had been going faster/slower ....
    But the point is, you may be going fast, confident in your ability and some one else comes along and makes a mistake.

And yes, the faster you go, the bigger the mess. That's a fact.
    No-one ever died crashing at 40kph or such....
    Don't miss the point at all. What is wrong is there are cameras in places that are nothing but money gathering. They claim they are in danger areas - BS!! Take the one at the top of the Wanui hill -- in all the years before hand there has only been 1 crash in the area, and even that was caused by some dip sh1t pulling a u-turn into oncoming traffic.

You should see them come past where I live - 50K I wish, more like 70-80. Or like last weekend, some drunk and completely out of it idiots, wiped out 3 cars ( that are known) by driving up the wrong side of the road, smashed head on, smashed into quite a few other items, generally causing havoc. The only saving grace was it was at 3am, had it been earlier in the night it would have been a lot worse. We were woken by the BANG!!

As proof, this is a picture of one of the cars and guess what -- no speed cam in the world would have mattered.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22218669_10155840670884365_7723375165124724836_o.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	8339

As the the last bit - got any proof of that (No-one ever died crashing at 40kph)
    Last edited by wainuitech; 13-10-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Don't miss the point at all. What is wrong is there are cameras in places that are nothing but money gathering. They claim they are in danger areas - BS!! Take the one at the top of the Wanui hill -- in all the years before hand there has only been 1 crash in the area, and even that was caused by some dip sh1t pulling a u-turn into oncoming traffic.You should see them come past where I live - 50K I wish, more like 70-80. Or like last weekend, some drunk and completely out of it idiots, wiped out 3 cars ( that are known) by driving up the wrong side of the road, smashed head on, smashed into quite a few other items, generally causing havoc. The only saving grace was it was at 3am, had it been earlier in the night it would have been a lot worse. We were woken by the BANG!!As proof, this is a picture of one of the cars and guess what -- no speed cam in the world would have mattered.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22218669_10155840670884365_7723375165124724836_o.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	8339As the the last bit - got any proof of that (No-one ever died crashing at 40kph)
    I will have to say Wainuiomata is a special case. Lived here for the last 4 years and its a totally different breed of driver over here.
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

In a 1920s time warp Terry Porritt's Avatar

Well, to gather revenue from speed cameras, drivers must be exceeding the speed limit. It will be the same lot of locals who know where the cameras are, forking out endless money in fines. Must be all as thick as two short planks.
    Remembering Rich Conaty, 1954 - 2016....."and don't you never forget, rhythm saved the world, Aloha"