Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526
    Golden Oldie

Default Re: Well what is the consensus of what the new Government will look like?

"Also, the empty prisons will relieve the housing situation and a lot of the prospective tenants will already be familiar with the various units. We may have to call them “Fenced Villages” to avoid any stigma, but that comes at no cost."

Not so far fetched, The old Boggo Road Gaol in Brisbane is being developed in that manner.

Default Re: Well what is the consensus of what the new Government will look like?

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Well getting rid of the “Three Strike Rule” will probably go unnoticed because it seems to me that a vast majority of Judges had never heard of it.

Anyway, here is how we fix our Prison Problem.

We negotiate a deal with another Country, let’s say for argument sake Singapore. We explain to them that because their expertise is so much greater than ours, when it comes to handling Prisoners, we’ll do a deal whereby we’ll supply them with food, wool, coal etc. in return for them looking after our Prisoners.

We’ll arrange delivery of both, and we have a win -win situation.

Given our present arrangements cost us Taxpayers the guts out of $1 Billion per year I’m sure the exercise is well worth pursuing. HERE

Also, the empty prisons will relieve the housing situation and a lot of the prospective tenants will already be familiar with the various units. We may have to call them “Fenced Villages” to avoid any stigma, but that comes at no cost.

I accept my proposal may need some fine tuning, and a Tender Process may provide an even better deal.

The more I think about it, the more I like it.
    Was this meant to be a serious suggestion?
    Quote Originally Posted by pcuser42 View Post
    38.7% of stasistics are made up on the spot, and 56.3% have a decimal point added to make them more believeable.
    Ryzen 5 1600 <> RX580 4GB <> 8GB Ram <> 240GB SSD <> 1TB HDD <> Windows 10

Golden Oldie

"Jamieson shed" at Waiouru is unofficially named after the pilot who flew into it! One Air Marshal Sir Ewan Jamieson KBE. CB. no less! It is a standing joke in the RNZAF that to become CAS/CAF one has to have written off an aircraft during ones career "

Rear Admiral Saull often joked that he only got promoted because of a Court Martial.
    As captain of a Frigate he managed to put it on the putty.
    The Naval promotion system at that time had promotion seniority bands; below the band and one was ineligible to be considered for promotion, be above the band and one has been passed over and unlikely to be considered.
    After the close encounter by his ship with the sea bed, Rear admiral Saull was penalised by losing seniority, this put him back in the promotion zone and he was promoted at next Promotion Board

Quote Originally Posted by KenESmith View Post
    "Also, the empty prisons will relieve the housing situation and a lot of the prospective tenants will already be familiar with the various units. We may have to call them “Fenced Villages” to avoid any stigma, but that comes at no cost."

Not so far fetched, The old Boggo Road Gaol in Brisbane is being developed in that manner.
    Dahhh, those Aussies are quick off the mark.

But have they got Under Floor Heating? HERE
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Wow, but I don't believe my wife wasn't mentioned. HERE
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.