Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Dogs, and b****s

I've always said, if people were made responsible for the actions of their pets this sort of thing wouldn't happen.
    In this case the woman could have been charged with assault & injuring the man.

Well the animal control lady said if the guy rang in, she would be charged, and it would be classed as a menacing dog.

But with just me, then it's just filed, she can find out who the dog and b*** is, and when more than one report, it gets classified then as well.
    Plus she seemed to think the dog tag it had on (dark blue) was expired....

Plus if she is a HNZ tenant, which I suspect, then might be told she can't have the dog. They don't allow them usually.

The bitten guy was maori too. So no, he wasn't trespassing....lol.

As for handling it, I confess I was severely tempted to throw her across the park after she spat in my face and shoved me in the throat, I restrained myself, but I confess I stepped forward and stood on her toes.

But GD being there and other kids etc, not the place to cause more ruckus, and then we both would have been arrested no doubt, at least for disorderly conduct.

No doubt I am famous on her facebook page now...although if she posted it with the sound intact, it makes her look like the mad one....not me.
    Last edited by pctek; 05-10-2017 at 09:37 AM.
    wipe your paws.

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    In your description you forgot the bad attitude

I was attacked by a dog as I was riding my bike in the park yesterday. The bloke had 3 dogs (black and white sheepdogs) and warned me that the youngest one chases bikes. It did that to me but I gave it a boot in the face and it ran off yelping. Nearly fell off my bike doing it though!!

Me doing that to a dog?? I am a dog lover but my late Molly never chased or bit. If a dog tends to bite or chase, especially in a park with mixed cycling/walking track that is very popular with people, it should be on a lead!!

I hope someone gets that b**ch pctek!

Ken
    Know this is not PC, lol, but I used to be a delivery "boy" on the shop bike and dogs would be always nipping at my heels.

Later in life a "Sheep dog" trialler I played golf with, noticed a spaniel at the course was up to the same trick, his cure was to give a good swift kick to the under jaw of the dog and it would back away.

That cured that dog for me and it helped dramatically with the golf handicap, lol.

"hats of course, is a different story"

lurking.

Can't re Member

With your extra info it still sounds like the one from Long Bay that no longer appears, they must have a record of her.
    I seriously doubt there would be two of her

I think you have done well in this situation, to look after both your GD and yourself. Somewhat nervous making for you. Well done!
    Now-if I could just remember where I left my brain...

Personally I think any and all dogs out in public need to be restrained. The only possible exception is areas specifically designated for exercising dogs, so other people can avoid them if they wish and I guess working dogs in the country. You can't exactly go hunting with a dog on a leash. And I do like dogs, a lot in fact.

Here's food for thought for anyone who thinks "but my dog is lovely and would never cause trouble". I had a black lab cross, lovely dog and wanted to play with everyone. That is until someone else's staffy attacked him and they had a massive fight. He never entirely got over it and any time we met another dog there was a 50/50 chance he would want to play or fight. So I kept him on a lead and avoided other dogs. Now peoples "lovely little dogs" would run up unrestrained to say hi and quite often His response would be violent. I don't consider that my fault, but the fault of the person who's uncontrolled dog ran up to us uninvited. Of course I never let it continue but that's not the point. It also serve to shows that my dog who had never shown it before had a very aggressive side to his nature that just needed a trigger to show itself.

Also as I get older and grumpier and less tolerant I've decided large dogs don't belong in Cities. At all. It's not fair on the dogs, it's just dangerous to people and selfish of the owners who do it for their own benefit not the dogs. A Large dog needs acres of land to run around on, not a walk around the block once a day. A true dog lover would not confine such a wonderful animal to a life imprisoned in a tiny space broken up by regular walks. If it was a wolf in a Zoo with that kind of space the same people would be likely to complain about it.

Anyway that's my dog rant over. Back on topic, this woman needs some serious attitude adjustment if such a thing is possible, or at the very least needs to never own a dog again.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Can't re Member

Oh spare me from dog haters like you. The problem is the woman not the dog. The dogs behaviour is a result of the crazy woman

1. I love dogs. Seriously
    2. The problem is both the woman AND the dog - the woman did not bite anyone. The woman is the worse of the two I will agree to that.
    3. Crazy people having access to dogs is a problem, they won't let us shoot the crazy people so we have to remove the dogs from the equation (I rather they didn't end up shot either).
    4. Did you really read what I wrote and come to the conclusion "dog hater"? hard to believe you truly took it in if that's the case or that you actually read it all.

Drive around the poor parts of any NZ city and odds are pretty good you will find areas where loose dogs and loose children are wandering around unsupervised. It's a terrible combination, and not one that's easily fixed. That's what first lead me to the Idea that large dogs just don't belong in cities. Having thought that though and giving it more consideration I realised that they never did, they are an animal that naturally would range and run miles and mile every day and should not be cooped up in our back yards.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

I like dogs, I like humans too but both need to behave.
    The woman had a choice, she has possibly used those sort of aggressive tactics for bullying purposes in other cases.
    I wonder whether the dog was male or female, if the latter, then I know which of the two b*****s I really to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    2. The problem is both the woman AND the dog - the woman did not bite anyone.
    True, she didn't.
    But I'd say she wanted to.

I'd say she taught the dog that is OK. So her at fault.

It seemed an ok dog at first, but I trust none of them. Not even friends of mines dogs....tell GD that all the time.
    There can be a situation, possibly even the kids fault, and being bitten, well then it is too late.

Cats bite too if you scare, annoy them enough.

If she had 1)grabbed the dog 2)apologised to the guy 3)leashed it, or possibly at least 1 of the 3, I might have minded my own business but her attitude bothered me.

So having said you should put the dog on a lead, her further attitude bothered me even more.
    Bugger the dog, she needed to be put down.
    wipe your paws.