Thread: Gmail Problems

Default Gmail Problems

ISP abandoned email service, and advised Gmail was probably the best alternative.

So I installed Gmail. Everything seemed OK, so I advised all my contacts of my new address.

I then started having problems logging on Gmail seems to have confused this family account on the PC, with my cellphone google account.

Eventually I was unable to logon to my new account and my cellphone account has replaced it completely.

Mean while my cellphone is getting messages about unauthorised logons!

I can't make any meaningful contact with Gmail to help sort this problem and I have no idea how their system works to get things to "play nicely" together.

Help please!!!

Default Re: Gmail Problems

Need to advise what email program you are using, and how have you connected to gmail (pop/imap).

Are the unauthorised login messages a about "Blocked sign-in attempt for security reasons"?
    Interests: PVRs, HTPCs, Apple IOS, Apple TV, Media Players, C#, Printing

Need to advise what email program you are using, and how have you connected to gmail (pop/imap).

Are the unauthorised login messages a about "Blocked sign-in attempt for security reasons" https://productforums.google.com/for...Q/k8ngS9lWCQAJ
    Interests: PVRs, HTPCs, Apple IOS, Apple TV, Media Players, C#, Printing

Sounds like your default login on the PC is now your phone account hence the phone getting warnings of a login from the PC.

Please confirm that you have two different gmail addresses/passwords, one for PC and another for phone?

When you say you "installed gmail" on the PC, what did you do exactly?

Are you accessing gmail from your Internet browser? If so, you should see a round coloured icon top right with a letter in the middle. This tells you what account is logged in. Click it and click Add Account to change the account you are logged into.

It's also possible if you use chrome that you have logged into your browser using the phone account and that also will log you into Gmail. It shows up on googles home page the same way linw advised for Gmail. You could just log out from there and log back in to the new account.
    i7 6700K, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 SSD, Gigabyte GTX980

Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post

Are the unauthorised login messages a about "Blocked sign-in attempt for security reasons"?
    No It just says your Google account was just used to sign in with browser and OS details

Later it asks if I recognised this activity. The rest is guff

Just comes up in my browser at the moment, I don't know how to connect it to Mozilla from my former email program at the moment.

When I login with my new account/alternate PC version?? it loads my cellphone Gmail the PC version has disappeared

"Please confirm that you have two different gmail addresses/passwords, one for PC and another for phone?" yes

"Are you accessing gmail from your Internet browser? If so, you should see a round coloured icon top right with a letter in the middle. This tells you what account is logged in. Click it and click Add Account to change the account you are logged into. SUCCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!

So how can I keep both the email accounts in their own "Box's" so to speak? Oh and how do I connect through Mozilla? I have no problems with ISP email set ups, but Gmail doesn't seem to have links to setup procedures that I have come across?

Quote Originally Posted by Laggard View Post
    So how can I keep both the email accounts in their own "Box's" so to speak? Oh and how do I connect through Mozilla? I have no problems with ISP email set ups, but Gmail doesn't seem to have links to setup procedures that I have come across?
    Simply actually sign out of the account you are using when finished. If you Don't sign out and simply close the browser it will stay in the account you select. When you sign out you will have the option to select which account you want to use next time.

Gmail in a browser -- Doesn't matter which browser you use.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

GMail is becoming a pr*ck to sort out as well as Vodafone.

Want to re-direct Clear from GMail to Outlook and I must be having the same problem with phone/pc.

Will try logging out properly as I do with Hotmail/Outlook accounts.

Read somewhere where computers will out of fashion in 10 years, Eastman site I think it was. To do with "the Cloud" rofl.

Still get hacked up there toooo.

lurking.