Default Anyone noticing high disk usage after installing KB4038788. It's slow as buggery

Dont think I'm the only one having this prob. Just read on one site, quite a few people are seeing /having the same prob

Going to sites is fine here, but when windows updates something it's slow as hell

Default Re: Anyone noticing high disk usage after installing KB4038788. It's slow as buggery

Haven't had over all Slowness, BUT have had Edge buggered sometimes. On This PC its appears to have come right after rebooting the system a couple of times, before that Edge would open, then either not load or freeze ( page not responding) opening a new tab fixed it.

This PC has come right but one in the workshop, I'm rolling it back to Monday Via system Restore and turning off updates for a while. Seems others have had the same thing. Other browsers are fine. Its something to do with the svchost.exe_AppReadiness.

The Reliability History makes interesting reading ( being sarcastic)
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Default Re: Anyone noticing high disk usage after installing KB4038788. It's slow as buggery

Seems to be better now it's only at 1% woohooo. Bloody windows Just been testing this quad (775 cpu - maybe old but it's probably better than the dual core that was in it), brought it online for $20. Thought it would crash / or be faulty .

But nope it's fine as. The system recognizes it and fingers xxx it stays that way without crashing

Hi wai, "BUT have had Edge buggered sometimes.".

Have carried out several re-boots on eggshell's PC but still just get a blank edge screen.

She also lost the recycle bin icon, but this has come back on the re-boots.

lurking.

ps. don't want to reverse all those 13th updates.

lurks.

Not to sure whats going on , but all the computers that have had this update have now come right. There must be something happening in the background that's sucking power. I have just left them for a while, as well as opening a new tab, and they have come right.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Two updated fine here. No sign of untoward activity.

Tried something instead of "restart". After shutdown, turned the bl**dy oc off at the wall plug.

Turned on after 10 minutes and everything is fine.

Easy to see how the ruskies get into the MS, USA, likes of hilary's personal mail site.

Also see where there is a Russian email service, be a bit tricky using that one, one would have thought, I forget where that link is, after looking for replacement of Vodafone email kerfuffle.

lurking.

The beauty and sometimes problem with having a very fast PC with an SSD is you rarely notice these things are going on. My PC could slow down quite a bit and I might not even notice
    So no point me saying everything is fine, might have been slow and I missed it.

And problems with Edge? I suppose someone had to be using it. I tried it on release, had issues and abandoned it. Tried it again after the creators update after seeing all the MS hype about improvements to it - still no good and abandoned it again.
    I am a supporter of windows 10 in general, but Edge has been a monumental failure to my mind. I don't care about writing notes on web pages, I just want them to work. All of them.
    i7 6700K, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 SSD, Gigabyte GTX980

That update wouldn't complete its update. The PC slowed down to a crawl when rebooting or trying to open any programme. I checked the update history and that is when I found out the update was a fail. I tried downloading the half gig update package and installing that. Same result. So at the moment, that update is hidden using the ?wusohide? (or something!) recommended by Speedy in another thread.

The pc that was having probs I rebooted it and downloaded the update instead.

You can get the update from the windows catalog site, if you want John H.

That sped things up

It's OK now tho. The other computer with the ssd didnt have a prob. Altho, I updated it, about 1/2 an hr later. wushowhide JohnH, yup.

It's the only way of hiding updates that you dont want in Win10 (well that I know of anyway)
    Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; 14-09-2017 at 07:25 PM.