Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: vodafone dropping email service

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Wainui - for those who are long time paradise, ihug, clear.net customers but are not active paying customers - would they have their emails stopped then? I know some who have been dialup customers, still have an account but have not dialed in obviously.
    PASS -- Don't know.

Maybe Vodafone have sent a bulk email to everyone who has /had an account with them what ever the flavor over the years ( paradise, clear ihug etc).

Old story really, if a person doesn't want the email any longer, or simply doesn't use it, do nothing and 30th November / 1st December it will cease to work /exist.

My phones been getting txt's all morning as well as emails -- looks like its going to get busy

I know at the moment Outlook.com is going on a go slow (setting up SWMBO's) --------wonder why
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    We have FibreX Max, (faster than UFB - average 700-900Mbps) UNLIMITED, Your 120 GB Phftttttt not enough, would blow through that in a week.
    The majority of the time when going to people places who have problems with Vodafone Internet -- Its OFTEN NOT Vodafone, but either their computers or more often crappy routers.
    Most have 700-900UFB now....so....

120Gb is far more than we need, even with son gaming and downloading movies sometimes.
    Unlimited....yeah, whatever.

Still think Voyager has the better deals.

As for issues, no need to be insulting, I had issues with their bloody service.
    Their screwups, their lack of response, the immense difficulty in getting past Tier 1 call center twits and their eventual response to me leaving.

Nothing to do with routers or computers at all. Or in fact problems with the net working....
    wipe your paws.

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    As for issues, no need to be insulting, I had issues with their bloody service.
    Their screwups, their lack of response, the immense difficulty in getting past Tier 1 call center twits and their eventual response to me leaving.

Nothing to do with routers or computers at all. Or in fact problems with the net working....
    Voyager --Just had a look, they fell flat at the first hurdle, cant match the speed. Used their top end - Then added in the Phones already more expensive than what I have. AND haven't added in the TV's, all cells or any other services yet. losers.

As for insults-don't be so one sided -- MANY people don't have problems, some do, some don't, Hell I could give you several customers who I've been to see that have nothing but trouble with Voyager. Roughly two weeks ago was at one persons place we rang them due to a email problem that was at their end, the person insisted it wasn't and actually hung up on us - Now thats sh1t customer service.

Just because you have had trouble doesn't mean its the same for everyone. Theres not one single ISP who doesn't have problems, and the world doesn't revolve around problems one person may have had.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

According to a post by Vodafone on Facebook a couple hours ago - they say they will continue to forward your emails even if you cancel your internet with them- I'm on the phone now trying to get that confirmed...

After 30 mins of talking to a lady the "email experts" team - mostly waiting or her to talk to her supervisor, then after telling me she couldn't give me an answer, but that she would "validate" my email so that it WOULD continue to be forwarded after I cancel my accounts.

I asked whether she would also validate the hundreds/thousands of other current VodaFone customers who also would cancel their accounts - and that I was posting all this on PF1 as we speak....

She has now gone to talk to her "second tier" supervisor

Carol McK**** Yes I agree it's given us the opportunity to make the move to a better service, one that provides what we signed up for. Also Vodafone I can just as easily let people know the address change, I don't need to buy into you'll only forward on if we remain with you treat and still get your spam! I don't think so.
    6 hrs ∑ Edited

Vodafone New Zealand

Vodafone New Zealand Hi Carol, if you choose to cancel your internet services with us, we'll still forward your emails. Using a newer service like gmail or outlook will filter all of the spam sent to your vodafone email address.
    Last edited by bevy121; 09-09-2017 at 04:13 PM.

She's just come back and confirmed that now if you have email forwarding setup, you can cancel all your vodafone contracts, and they will continue to forward your emails regardless - "forever" (her words LOL)

So I guess they will have to update their new email info page for this bit..

any emails sent to your old Vodafone address will be automatically forwarded for free to a new email address of your choice for as long as youíre with Vodafone

Sorry Bevy, I had to "smirk" at your comment:
    talking to a lady the "email experts" team
    Confirmed by later comments she had to check with her supervisor.

So much for knowledgeable help line.

I have several email accounts on various Domains, and a Gmail account. I have all the Domain addresses diverted to my Gmail account. The beauty of it is that the spam is filtered by Google, and if I reply to mail from a Domain the reply is marked as from the Domain, not Gmail, this prevents the sender from being confused. Works for me

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Sorry Bevy, I had to "smirk" at your comment:

Confirmed by later comments she had to check with her supervisor.

So much for knowledgeable help line.
    yea - that's why I put the term in quotes ... their name for the new helpdesk sub team - and my sarcasm to the irony of it

But at least we now know that if you set up forwarding, the emails will continue to be forwarded even if you terminate your Vodafone account

(contrary to what is still stated on their new email info web page)
    Last edited by bevy121; 09-09-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bevy121 View Post
    But at least we now know that if you set up forwarding, the emails will continue to be forwarded even if you terminate your Vodafone account
    I wouldnt rely on that. I would bet that forwarding service will be cut off eventually. If voda are ditching the email service, why would they still want to keep part of it active for forwarding. I'd assume its short term , just so everyone can get their 'affairs in order'

And you could bet that if you terminate your Voda a/c , forwarding will be cut off pretty soon.
    why would anyone expect a email forwarding service if they close their voda a/c. No other ISP would do that , why would voda care about ex customers?
    Last edited by 1101; 11-09-2017 at 10:31 AM.

https://www.vodafone.co.nz/email/#FAQ

"
    What if I leave Vodafone?
    We will provide auto-forwarding to everyone for as long as they want it. This will be at no cost for Vodafone customers, and for the time being it is also at no cost for people who leave Vodafone.
    If we look to review this position, and to introduce a charge for customers who have left us, we will give you three months’ notice. "

ie , nothing is forever . Dont rely on forwarding to be forever .
    Last edited by 1101; 11-09-2017 at 11:00 AM.