Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: vodafone dropping email service

At long last. Things are waking up. Tonight received 12 spam emails into Outlook and 3 good emails into Gmail.

Must check my other 2 email accounts, although these have different setup details.

lurking.

Just when I thought I had everything reorganised and my clearnet mail diverted to my g-mail address my wife gets this!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xtra message2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	8314

It would seem my Clearnet account has for some reason been "blacklisted" by xtra or an affiliate.

Problem is it has probably happened to others too and they don’t know.

Anyone else strike this?
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Just when I thought I had everything reorganised and my clearnet mail diverted to my g-mail address my wife gets this!

Name:	xtra message2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	8314

It would seem my Clearnet account has for some reason been "blacklisted" by xtra or an affiliate.

Problem is it has probably happened to others too and they don’t know.

Anyone else strike this?
    Outlook.com picked up two of our Paradise accounts as spam. Told the Mrs to stop sending out mails about enlarging your ---- Both have her name in the address,

On a more serious side, I have also had people saying their gmails not working after the change.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 29-09-2017 at 08:20 PM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

did she actually send the email that was blocked by xtra ? it look suspicious and looks spammy "re,re,re"
    It may be a fake email (with spam or malware)

Also, if youve done the redirection to gmail, I assume she isnt trying to still send via the old clear a/c ?
    Send emails via the new gmail a/c instead. Thats what its there for, soon you wont be able to send from the clear a/c .

Yes, itís a pain in the butt changing E-Mail accounts and although I notified her of my new E-Mail I doubt she would have a clue how to change it, so it probably was sent via my old, soon to be redundant, address.

Anyway, Iíll follow up on that, but I thought there may be others having the same problem although some wouldnít know unless they were told.

When youíve had the same E-Mail address for years you loose track of who you should notify like Banks, Insurance Companies, and all the other outfits that arenít in your address book but have your E-Mail address as their contact. Trademe.......E-Bay..........etc.

Actually, it just occurred to me whilst typing this that my Vodafone bill comes via E-Mail so I wonder if I donít receive it, I wonít have to pay it?
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Actually, it just occurred to me whilst typing this that my Vodafone bill comes via E-Mail so I wonder if I don’t receive it, I won’t have to pay it?
    Had that happen -- my Vodafone bill, (even though its on auto payments every week) hadn't come through, went and had a look online -- Guess what I found in the Spam/junk Folder

Ironic that Their own bills got marked as spam, when they cant keep up with it LOL.

Don't think that would wear to good with Vodafone if you didn't pay it - might be worth a try though

Also found my Genisis power Bill as well in the junk /spam. Wonder if Vodafone have actually informed either gmail or outlook.com they are suggesting to use their services ??
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

B.M. thanks for that post up above.

https://www.vodafone.co.nz/contact/feedback/form/

I have used the above site to update our phone/broadband account, don't want it going into the two hard basket.

Big drop in the SPAM mail, coming to our new email addresses: Outlook.co.nz, Hotmail.com and Yahoo.com, fingers crossed.

lurking.

It gets worse, but I shouldn't be surprised!

So the postmaster at Clear, can't for whatever reason deliver my mail and he sends these notifications to my SPAM box.

Give me strength!

Name:	FnVodafail.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	8321